发新话题
打印【有10个人次参与评价】

[外语] 2014秋季班招生开始了!

Useful Expressions:

as we all know                                                                                        众所周知
much more beautiful                                                                         更加漂亮了
for making money                                                                                 为了赚钱
Trees Planting Day                                                                         植树节
express                                                                                                 表达
a huge open area                                                                                 一大片空地
dig                                                                                                         挖
feel satisfied with…                                                                         对…感到满意
at the sight…                                                                                        看到…
grow strong and straight                                                                 长得又壮又直

参考译文:

植树节

众所周知,树木对我们是非常重要的。它们可以使我们的地球更加美丽,使空气更加洁净。但是一些人为了赚钱还在砍树,所以植树就变得越来越重要了。

去年春天,我去了长风公园庆祝植树节。我们通过植树来表达了我们对地球的关心。我们到达了一处大空地,然后就开始植树了。有些人拿水桶挑水,一些人握着小树苗,其他人用锄头挖。一开始,我用锄头挖了几个坑。Mike 和Jone来帮助我还抬来了几桶水。小树苗植好之后,我们给它们浇水。

两个小时之后,我们已经把所有的树都植好了。虽然我们都很累,但是我们看到绿树就感到满足了。我们希望这些树长得又壮又直。

Article 26
Write at least 120 words on the topic “My Successful Experience in Learning English”
Suggested points: Give examples to teach others how to study English successfully

My Successful Experience In Learning English

I have been learning English for more than 5 years. Now, I can speak English very fluently and express myself properly. Are you interested in my successful experience in learning English? I would like to share it with you.

When I was a girl of ten, I began to learn English and found it very interesting. Then I decided to learn it well. During the period of learning, I often meet with new words and expressions, but I never forget them, because I write them down and look them up in my dictionary. Little by little, I am able to memorize new words quickly. I suppose it is because I have already developed good sense of language. When I am reading the articles in English, I never feel afraid. I am confident of understanding the main idea, because I know a lot of words and I have a good teacher, my dictionary.  

What’s more, I like reading English aloud. When I speak out good English sentences, I feel very relaxed and happy. I also learn how to use the words and expressions as well.

There is some of my successful experience in learning English. I think if you can find your effective way to learn English, your English will be better.

Useful Expressions:

speak English fluently                                                                         流利地说英语
express myself properly                                                                 准确地表达我自己
successful experience                                                                         成功的经验
find it interesting                                                                                 发现它很有趣
during the period of …                                                                         在…期间
look them up in…                                                                                 在…查它们的意思
little by little                                                                                         逐渐地
memorize                                                                                         记忆,记住
develop                                                                                                 培养
sense of language                                                                                 语感
confident of…                                                                                 对…有自信
what’s more                                                                                         除此以外
read aloud                                                                                         大声读
effective way                                                                                  有效的方法

参考译文:

我在英语学习方面的成功经验

我已经学习英语超过5年了。现在,我可以很流利地说英语,并准确地表达我自己。你对我学习英语的成功经历感兴趣吗?我愿意和你一起分享它。

当我还是一个十岁的女孩的时候,我就开始学习英语了,并发现它非常有趣。于是我决心要学好它。在学习的过程中,我常常遇到新的单词和表达法,但是我从来不会忘记它们,因为我把它们记下来,在我的字典里查出它们的意思。逐渐地,我就可以快速地记忆新单词了。我猜想这是因为我已经培养了好的语感。当我在读英语文章的时候,我从来不觉得害怕,我自信能够明白主要的意思,因为我知道很多单词,而且我还有一个好老师,我的字典。

除此以外,我喜欢大声读英语。当我读出好的英语句子的时候,我感到非常放松和愉快。我同时也学会了如何使用这些单词和表达法。

这就是我在学习英语中一些成功的经验。我想如果你可以找到你的有效方法来学习英语,你的英语一定会更好的。

Article 27
Write at least 150 words on the topic “My Favorite Sports”
Suggested points: 1. How do you like it?
                                  2. Why do you like it?
                                  3. Who is your idol in the sport?

My Favorite Sport

Do you like sports? If so, what is your favorite sport? I am a 14-year-old girl, but I really love sports and my interest in sports is no less than any boy’s. I think sports can bring me a lot of happiness and excitement.

My favorite sport is basketball. A basketball match usually lasts more than 90 minutes, but I never feel tired. Because in the match, each second may change the winner. No one knows what will happen next. On each team, there is a world famous star, like Jordon, Jason and Leron. Recently, a Chinese basketball played has caught the eye of the world. He is Yao Ming, a 226-centimeter-tall basketball from Shanghai, China. Because of Yao, basketball is getting more and more popular among Chinese. Every weekend, I can see a lot of boys playing basketball in my neighborhood. When we are at school, at break time, some boys rush to the covered playground and throw balls for fun. I sometimes follow them and have a good time there.

I am not tall enough to be a basketball player, but I get a lot of enjoyment from the match. I will always like basketball and support the hero in my heart, Yao Ming.

Useful Expressions:

If so                                                                                                 如果是这样的
a 14-year-old girl                                                                                 一个14岁的女孩
no less than any boy                                                                         不少于任何男孩子的
bring us happiness and excitement                                                 带给我们快乐和激情
on each team                                                                                         在每个队里
caught the eye of …                                                                         吸引…的注意
popular among Chinese                                                                 在中国人中受欢迎
in my neighborhood                                                                         在我的小区里
at break time                                                                                         下课时
covered playground                                                                         室内操场
support                                                                                                 支持

参考译文:

我最喜欢的运动

你喜欢运动吗?如果是这样的,你最喜欢的运动是什么呢?我是一个14岁的女孩子,但是我真的喜欢运动,我对运动的热衷不少于任何男孩子。我认为运动可以给我带来很多的快乐和激情。

我最喜欢的运动是篮球。一场篮球比赛通常持续90多分钟,但是我从来不觉得累。因为在比赛中,每一秒钟都可能使获胜者改变。没有人知道接下来会发生什么。在每一队里,有一位世界著名的明星,比如说Jordon, Jason 和Leron。近期来,有一位中国篮球运动员已经吸引了全世界的注意。他就是姚明,一位来自中国上海的,身高226厘米的篮球运动员。因为姚明,篮球在中国人中变得越来越受欢迎了。每个周末,我可以看到很多的男孩子在我的小区里打篮球。当我们在学校的时候,一到下课,一些男孩子冲到室内操场去投球取乐。我有的时候跟着他们,很开心。

我不够高,成不了一个篮球运动员,但是我从这个比赛中获得了很多的乐趣。我会一直热爱篮球,并支持我心目中的英雄,姚明。

Article 28
Write at least 150 words according to the notice of a class outing.

Suggested points:                 A Class Outing
Date: May 1st- May 7th, 2005
Place: Beijing
Activities: 1. Visit places of historical interest
                                                                   2. Taste delicious food.
                                                                   3. Make friends with students in Beijing

A class outing

Attention please,

There is going to be a seven-day holiday around Labors’ Day. We will have a class outing from May 3rd to May7th. We will go to Beijing, the capital of our country. We are going to visit a lot of places of historical interest. They are the Great Wall, Summer Palace, Palace Museum and the Forbidden City.

We will meet at the school gate at 8:00 a.m. on May 3rd. And the school bus will take us to the airport.

On May 3rd, we will arrive in Beijing and stayed at a four star hotel. Then next day, we will climb the Great Wall. On May 5th, we will pay a visit to Palace Museum and the Forbidden City. Both of them are famous for their buildings and exhibits. On May 6th, we will go to Beijing University and experience one-day school life there. It must be interesting and instructive. On the last day, we are free in the morning, and we can buy some local presents. The plane back to Shanghai will take off at 5 o’ clock in the afternoon, so we must arrive at the airport an hour earlier than the departure time.

The temperature is Beijing is lower than that in Shanghai, so don’t forget to take your heavy clothes.

If you have any question, feel free to call the class teacher Grace at 13612546328. We are expecting you then.

Useful Expressions:

a class outing                                                                         一次班级外出
attention                                                                                 注意了
around Labors’ Day                                                                 在劳动节前后
place of historical interest                                                         历史名胜
a four star hotel                                                                         一个四星的宾馆
pay a visit to…                                                                         拜访…
Palace Museum                                                                         故宫博物馆
The Forbidden City                                                                 紫禁城
be famous for…                                                                         因…而著名
exhibits                                                                                         展品
be free                                                                                         有空
local presents                                                                         当地的礼物
take off                                                                                         起飞
the departure time                                                                         离开的时间
temperature                                                                                 温度
heavy clothes                                                                         厚的衣服
feel free to do sth                                                                         尽管做某事
expect you                                                                                 等你

参考译文:

一次班级出游

注意了:

在劳动节前后将会有一次7天的假期。我们将会在五月三日到五月七日之间开展一次班级外出活动。我们要去北京,我们国家的首都。我们要去参观很多历史名胜。有长城、颐和园、故宫博物馆和紫禁城。

我们将会在五月三日上午8点在学校门口会合。然后学校的校车将会把我们带到机场。

五月三日的时候,我们会到达北京,待在一个四星级的宾馆里。第二天,我们将去爬长城。在五月五日,我们将去参观故宫博物馆和紫禁城。这两个地方都因为它们的建筑和展品而闻名。五月六日,我们会去北京大学并在那里体验一天的学校生活。这肯定会是有趣又有益的。在最后一天,我们上午有空,可以去买一些当地的礼物。回上海的飞机将在下午5点起飞,所以我们必须在起飞时间一小时之前到达机场。

北京的温度要比上海的温度低,所以不要忘记带上你的厚衣服。

如果你有任何的问题,尽管打电话给班主任Grace,电话号码是13612546328。我们到时候见。

Article 29

Write a poster more than 150 words on the situation.
Situation: Christmas is on the way and your classmates and you are organizing a Christmas Party. Write out a poster of the party, which is inclusive of place, time, activities, clothes and any other information people may need to know.

A Christmas Party

Christmas is a western festival. It is on December 25th every year. To commemorate Jesus Christ’s birthday, people celebrate the day by a lot of activities. For example, we decorate our room with Christmas trees or some shinning decorations.

So for this coming Christmas, we should prepare a beautiful Christmas tree and some decorations, which can be used to make the tree nicer. It is said that many foreigners have roast turkeys with some wine on that evening. But it is impossible for us to prepare a turkey and we are not old enough to drink wine. So I have decided to have a Chinese feast instead.

Every guest must bring a present, a dish and a soft drink. Someone dressed up as Santa Claus will come to our house and give us some presents. All children like presents, so everyone can have one.

Then the climax comes. It is time to exchange gifts. All the presents will be wrapped well and numbered, but we don’t know the number of a certain present. So choose your lucky number, and you will get an unexpected present from your friend.

The celebration will be held in the school at 6:30 p.m. on Christmas Eve. I hope the party will be successful.

Useful Expressions:

a western festival                                                                         一个西方的节日
commemorate                                                                         纪念
Jesus Christ                                                                                耶稣
by a lot of activities                                                                 通过很多活动
decorate A with B                                                                         用B来装饰A
foreigner                                                                                 外国人
roast turkey                                                                                 烤火鸡
it is impossible for us to do sth                          对我们来说做某事是不可能的
a Chinese feast                                                                         一场中式的盛宴
dress up as…                                                                         打扮成…
climax                                                                                         高潮
exchange gifts                                                                         交换礼物
be wrapped well                                                                         包装很好
be numbered                                                                                 被编号码了
a certain present                                                                         某个礼物
lucky number                                                                         幸运数字
unexpected                                                                                 料想不到的

参考译文:

一次圣诞拍对

圣诞节是一个西方的节日。在每年的12月25日。为了纪念耶稣
的生日,人们通过很多方式来庆祝这个日子。比如说,我们用圣诞树或是一些闪闪发光的装饰物来装饰我们的房间。

所以为了这次圣诞节的到来,我们应该准备一棵漂亮的圣诞树和一些装饰品,可以被用来使这棵树更加美丽。据说在那个晚上,很多外国人吃烤火鸡配上葡萄酒。但是我们要准备一只火鸡是不可能的,而且我们还没有到可以喝酒的年龄。所以我决定了要举办一个中式的盛宴。

每一位客人必须带上一份礼物,一道菜和一瓶软饮料。某个打扮成圣诞老人的人会到我们家来,给我们一些礼物。所有的孩子都喜欢礼物,所以每个人都会有一个的。

然后高潮开始了。到了互换礼物的时间了。所有的礼物都包装地很好,并被编上号,但是我们不知道某个确定礼物的号码。所以选择你的幸运号码,然后你就可以从你的朋友那里得到一份你无法想象的礼物。

庆祝活动将会在圣诞夜6点30分在学校举办。我希望这次拍对将会是成功的。

Article 30
Write at least 150 words on the topic “My Favorite Festival”
Suggested points:         1. Why is it your favorite?
                                    2. What do you do at the festival?
                                    3. What are you going to do for its coming?

My Favorite Festival

“Jingle bells, Jingle bells, Jingle all the way…” When you hear the cheerful melody, what will you think? Christmas!

Christmas is my favorite festival. On Christmas Eve, the snow lays on the ground and the star shown brightly. The lights inside our houses shine brightly as well. Many presents are piled under the Christmas tree. We set up a frosty and round snowman with our dear friends. Everybody sends his best wishes to his friends and relatives. We sing Christmas carol s and feel happy in our heart. What a wonderful night it is!

We hang our stockings out with care, hoping Santa will see them and fill them with nice gifts. I always imagine that Santa has got a big bag and walked into my bedroom lightly. As he left, he laughed: “Ho, ho, ho. I wish you a Merry Christmas. My nice girl.”

Christmas is on the way. Why don’t we gather together and welcome the arrival of the festival?

Useful Expressions:
jingle bell                                                                                          铃儿响叮当
cheerful melody                                                                                 让人愉快的旋律
lay on the ground                                                                                 铺在地上
set up                                                                                                 竖起
frosty                                                                                                结霜的
Christmas carols                                                                                 圣诞圣歌
hang out                                                                                         挂出去
with care                                                                                         小心
fill with…                                                                                                用…充满
on the way                                                                                         在路上
arrival                                                                                                 到达

参考译文:

我最喜欢的节日

“铃儿响叮当,铃儿响叮当,一路铃儿响叮当…”当你听到这个快乐的旋律时,你想到什么?圣诞节!

圣诞节是我最喜欢的节日。在圣诞夜里,雪覆盖在地面上,星星在明亮地闪烁。我们屋子里的灯也在明亮地闪烁。很多的礼物被堆在圣诞树下。我们和朋友一起竖起了一个结霜的圆形的雪人。每个人都把他最好的祝福传递给他的朋友们和亲戚们。我们唱着圣诞圣歌,从心里面感到高兴。多棒的一个夜晚啊!

我们小心翼翼地把我们的长筒袜挂出去,希望圣诞老人能看见它们并在里面放满礼物。我总是想象圣诞老人有一个大袋子,轻轻走进我的卧室。当他离开的时候,他笑道:“噢,噢,噢。我祝你圣诞快乐。我的好女孩。”

圣诞节就要到了。我们为何不聚在一起,欢迎这个节日的到来呢?

Article 31
Write at least 150 words on the topic “Healthy Mind, Healthy Body”
Suggested points:  1. What does health really mean?
2. Why is healthy mind important?
                                        3. How to keep healthy mind?

Healthy Mind, Healthy Body

Do you know what the meaning of health is? Some people may say that healthy means keeping strong and fit. That is not exactly right. Because keeping healthy is more than that.

Health includes two sides. One is the health of mind, and the other is the health of body. We can see a healthy body and we can feel a healthy mind. Only the person with both healthy body and healthy mind can be called a really healthy person. Have a look at some students, who have dropped into computer games and play until midnight every day, do you think they are healthy? Look at some selfish people, who only think of themselves and never feel pleased with others. Do you think they are healthy? And look at the skinny girls, who think the thinner they are, the more beautiful they will be. Do you think they are healthy? Of course, the answer is no.

Every body knows keeping yourselves far away from diseases is very important, but only a few of us know how to keep yourselves from mental problems is also very important. So it is necessary to do some physical exercise every day and it is also necessary for us to do some mental exercise every day. I usually think of happy things before I sleep. I usually tell my classmates my troubles. I usually tell my friends and relatives how much I love them.

Let’s find out more ways to keep a healthy mind and good attitude to our life.

Useful Expressions:

healthy mind                                                                                         健康的心理
keep strong and fit                                                                         保持强壮和健美
exactly right                                                                                         完全正确
more than that                                                                                 不仅如此
side                                                                                                 方面
have a look at…                                                                                 看一看…
drop into…                                                                                         陷入…
until midnight                                                                                 直到午夜
selfish                                                                                                 自私的
feel pleased with…                                                                         对…感到满意
skinny                                                                                                瘦得皮包骨的
mental problems                                                                                 心理上的问题
physical exercise                                                                                 身体的锻炼
attitude to our life                                                                                 对待我们生活的态度

参考译文:

健康的心理,健康的身体

你知道健康是什么意思吗?有些人说健康就意味着保持强壮和健美。这并不完全正确。因为保持健康不止这些。

健康包括两个部分。一个是心理的健康,而另外一个是身体的健康。我们可以看到一个健康的身体,我们也可以感受到一个健康的心理。必须是既有健康的身体又有健康的心理的人,才可以被称为一个真正健康的人。瞧一瞧这些学生,他们沉迷于网络游戏之中,每天一直玩到午夜,你认为他们是健康的吗?看一看一些自私自利的人,他们只考虑他们自己,从来不对别人感到满意。你认为他们是健康的吗?再看一看这些瘦成皮包骨的女孩,她们认为越瘦,就会越漂亮。你认为她们是健康的吗?当然,答案是不。

每个人都知道使自己远离疾病是很重要的,但是我们中只有一些人知道如何让自己远离心理问题也是很重要的。所以有必要每天做一些体育锻炼,而且对我们来说,也有必要每天做一些心理锻炼。我通常在睡觉之前想一些让人开心的事情。我常常会把我的麻烦告诉我的同学。我也经常告诉我的亲朋好友我有多么爱他们。

让我们找出更多的方法来保持一个健康的心情和对生活的好的态度。

Article 32
Write at least 150 words on the topic “ The Precious (珍贵的)Memory in My Childhood”
Suggested points:   1. Who share the memory with you?
                                         2. What happened?
                                         3. Why do you think it is very precious?
                                     4. When you grow up, what do you think of the experience?

The Precious Memory in My Childhood

“Grandma, why are those ants climbing up to the tree?” I asked.

“Because they are moving home!” answered Grandma.

“But why?” asked me.

“Why do you have so many questions?” then she held me in her arms and smiled at me, “My little girl, if you become a doctor, you will be able to answer these questions by yourself!”

“I will! I will be a doctor for you, my old grandpa!” I said.

Came out of the memory, I’m still smiling. That’s my childhood with my grandma.

In my memory, Grandma was a kind lady and loved me very much. She taught me all the things she knew. Once, my favorite doll was broken. I told Grandma that it must have been broken by my brother. Grandma smiled and said: “My girl, don’t suspect others. Also, if it was done by him, you should forgive him. Then he will thank you for the excuse. Am I right?” “Yes, I know.” I said. “I’m proud of the tolerance of you.” Said Grandma and she smiled. Then we fixed the doll together with happiness.

At summer nights, Grandma liked to hold me on her legs, fanned me, and told me the stories of many famous men. She told me that if I wanted to be successful, I must be hard working. So I promised her I would become a boss, and earn much money for her. She smiled.

Now, I have grown up. Though I am still a student and not a boss, I keep my promise to work hard. But my Grandma doesn’t know any longer. She had left me forever, so my childhood with my dear grandmother becomes the most precious memory in my life. My Grandma affected me a lot, and I believe that I will be a successful man as she expected.  

Useful Expressions:

hold me in her arms                                                                         把我抱入她的怀里
my childhood with my grandma                                                         和我奶奶一起度过的童年
in my memory                                                                                 在我的记忆中
must have been broken by sb                                                         一定被某人弄坏了
suspect                                                                                                 怀疑
forgive                                                                                                 宽恕
tolerance                                                                                         容忍
with happiness                                                                                 开心地
fan sb                                                                                                 给某人打扇
keep one’s promise                                                                         遵守某人的诺言
precious                                                                                          珍贵的
affect                                                                                                 影响
as she expected                                                                                 正如她所希望的那样

参考译文:

在我童年中的珍贵记忆

“奶奶,为什么那些蚂蚁在爬树呢?”我问道。

“因为它们在搬家呢!”奶奶回答。

“那么为什么呢?”我问。

“为什么你有这么多的问题呢?”然后她笑着把我搂进她的怀里对我微笑,“我的小姑娘,如果你成为一名博士,你就能够自己回答这些问题了!”

“我会的,我会为了你成为一名博士的,我的老奶奶!“我说道。

从记忆中走出来,我还在微笑。这就是我和我的奶奶一起度过的童年。

在我的记忆中,奶奶是位和蔼的女士,而且非常爱我。她把她知道的都教给了我。有一次,我最喜欢的布娃娃坏了。我告诉奶奶这肯定是被我的哥哥弄坏的。奶奶笑了,并说道:“我的姑娘,不要怀疑别人。而且,如果这真是他做的,你应该宽恕他。那么他就会感谢你原谅了他。你觉得我对吗?”“是的,我明白了。”我说道。“我真为你的宽宏大量而骄傲。”奶奶说道,她又笑了。于是,我们在一起开开心心地把布娃娃修好了。

在夏季的晚上,奶奶喜欢把我放在她的腿上,给我打扇子,并给我讲一些名人的故事。她告诉我如果我要变得成功,我必须努力勤奋。所以我向她保证我会成为一个老板,然后给她赚很多的钱。她笑了。

现在我已经长大了。虽然我还是一个学生而不是一个老板,但是我实现了自己的诺言要努力工作。但是我的奶奶再也不知道了。她已经永远离开了。所以我和奶奶一起度过的童年是我生命中最宝贵的记忆。我的奶奶影响了我很多,我相信我会如她所希望的那样,成为一个成功的人。

Article 33
Write at least 150 words on the topic “A Trip to…”
Suggested points:            1. Where did you go?
                                         2. How did you get there?
                                         3. Whom did you go with?
                                         4. What happened on the way?.

A trip to the space

Last night, I visited the space with my parents.

We went there by spaceship. After just about twenty minutes, we reached the space. Then all the tourists got off.

First, we visited a planet which had no plants and no water. Everything was dark there, and we can’t see anything. We also felt very cold. A few minutes later, we returned to the spaceship.

Then, we visited a star with different scenery. We saw pandas eating bamboo leaves and heard a bird talking to us.

Suddenly, there appeared a large animal. It was a dinosaur. It came up to us, and everyone ran away.

Unluckily, I was caught by it. It stared at me angrily. I was so frightened that I closed my eyes. To my surprise, it said: “If you don’t get up at once, you will be late for school.”

I opened my eyes, and there was no dinosaur at all. But my mom was staring at me angrily. “Oh, it’s only a dream!” I shouted excitedly.

Useful Expressions:

by spaceship                                                                                         乘宇宙飞船
reach                                                                                                 到达
have no plants and no water                                                                既没有植物也没有水
different scenery                                                                                 不同的景色
bamboo leaves                                                                                 竹叶
appear                                                                                                 出现
dinosaur                                                                                         恐龙
come up to us                                                                                 向我们走来
frightened                                                                                         害怕的
to my surprise                                                                                 让我惊讶的是
stare at                                                                                                 盯着我
excitedly                                                                                         激动地

参考译文:

一次太空之旅

昨天晚上,我和爸爸妈妈一起参观了太空。

我们乘宇宙飞船到那里的。仅仅20分钟之后,我们就达到了太空。然后所有的游客都下了飞船。

首先,我们参观了一个既没有植物也没有水的星球。那里所有的东西都是黑暗的,我们什么也看不见。我们还感到非常寒冷。几分钟之后,我们回到了飞船上。

然后,我们到了一个有不同风景的星球。我们看到了大熊猫在吃竹叶,还听到了一只鸟在和我们说话。

忽然,那里出现了一个大型的动物。这是一只恐龙。它朝我们走过来,所有的人都逃跑了。

不幸的是,我被它抓住了。它很生气地看着我。我害怕极了于是闭上了我的眼睛。让我惊奇的是,它说道:“如果你不立刻起床的话,你就要上学迟到了。”

我睁开眼,根本就没有什么恐龙。但是我的妈妈正生气地盯着我。“哦,这只是一个梦!”我激动地叫起来。

Article 34
Write at least 100 words on the topic “ When My Mother / Father was ill…”
Suggested points: 1. What did you think at that time?
                              2. What did your do at that time?
                              3. Have you learned anything afterwards?

When my mother was ill

Last Wednesday afternoon, I reached home from school as usual. To my surprise, my mother didn’t cook the meal, but lay in bed painfully. I put down my school bag and asked her what’s wrong. She told me in a low voice that she had a headache. I gave her a glass of water but she couldn’t drink it because her head was aching badly. I rushed to the cupboard and looked for the medicine which could cure her headache. Luckily, I found it at the bottom of the drawer. I helped my mother to take the medicine at once and it made her much more comfortable. Then she felt sleepy and fell asleep after 5 minutes. But I didn’t leave her room until my father came back.

It is an unusual memory for me. When I was a child, I used to be very weak and my parents always took me to hospital and looked after me patiently. Though I can’t remember clearly, I can feel I am rich in their love and care. Now I am growing up and they are getting older and older. It is time for me to take good care of them. I would like to look after them when they are old and I am able to do that.

Useful Expressions:

as usual                                                                                                 和往常一样
painfully                                                                                                 疼痛地
in a low voice                                                                                 用很低的声音
ache badly                                                                                         痛得厉害
rush to the cupboard                                                                         冲向碗柜
cure her headache                                                                         治愈她的头痛
at the bottom of the drawer                                                                 在抽屉的底部
fall asleep                                                                                         熟睡
an unusual memory                                                                         一段不寻常的记忆
take me to hospital                                                                         把我带到医院
patiently                                                                                                 耐心地
be rich in…                                                                                         拥有…很多
love and care                                                                                         关爱
it is time for sb to do sth                                                                 到了某人做某事的时候了

参考译文:
当我的妈妈生病的时候

上周三下午,我和往常一样回到家里。让我惊奇的是,我的妈妈没有烧饭,而是躺在床上。我把我的书包放下,问她怎么了?她用很低的声音告诉我她头痛。我给她倒了一杯水,但是她没有喝,因为她的头痛得太厉害了。我冲向碗柜,寻找有什么药可以治愈她的头痛的。幸运的是,我在抽屉的底部找到了药。我立刻帮助妈妈吃药,这使得她舒服了许多。然后她感觉困了,五分钟之后就睡着了。但是我一直到爸爸回来才离开家。

对我来说,这是一段不寻常的记忆。当我还是一个孩子的时候,我非常虚弱,而且我的父母亲总是带我去医院,很耐心地照顾我。虽然我不能够记得很清楚,但是我能够感觉到我拥有他们的很多关爱。现在,我正在长大,而他们正在日益变老。到了我来好好照顾他们的时候了。我愿意在他们老了的时候照顾他们,而且我也有能力做到。

Article 35
Write at least 100 words on the topic “ Attitude Determines Everything” (态度决定一切)
Suggested points: 1. Give an example of your own to support your view of point.

Attitude Determines Everything

I first heard the saying “Attitude determines everything”, when I watched a TV program about the former coach of Chinese male football team. At that time, I couldn’t understand the words well, but my later experience tells me that is true.

One day, my father asked me to finish a test paper of Math competition. I was interested in it at first and did it very carefully. But after finishing half of the questions, I felt a little bit tired and my interest disappeared gradually. So I finished the paper quickly and went to bed. After I got up, I checked my answers. To my great surprise, the first half of the paper was all right, but two-thirds of the rest were wrong.

Two different attitudes toward the same paper led to two different results. I must admit that attitude determines everything. If you want to be successful one day, you must have an active attitude to success. You should always tell yourself that you work hard and you will surely win.

Useful Expressions:

attitude toward sth                                                                        对某事的态度
determine                                                                                 决定
former                                                                                          前任的
coach                                                                                          教练
Chinese male football team                                                         中国女子足球队
later experience                                                                         后来的经历
a little bit                                                                                 一点点
gradually                                                                                 逐渐地
an active attitude                                                                         一种积极的态度
lead to…                                                                                        导致…

参考译文:

态度决定一切

我第一次听到这句话“态度决定一切。” 是当我在看一个有关前任中国女子足球队教练的节目。在那个时候,我不能很好地明白这些话,但是我后来的经历告诉了我确实是这样的。

有一天,我的爸爸让我完成一张数学竞赛的试卷。一开始,我对此很感兴趣,很认真地做。但是在完成了一半的题目之后,我感到有一点累了,我的兴趣也在逐渐消失。所以我很快完成了试卷,就去睡觉了。在我起床之后,我检查了我的答案。让我非常惊讶的是,试卷的前半部分是全对的,但是其余的部分错了三分之二。

对同一份试卷的两种态度导致了两种不同的结果。我必须承认态度决定一切。如果你想要有一天成功,你必须有对成功的积极的态度。你应该不断对自己说努力工作,然后你就一定能赢。

Article 36
Write an e-mail to your pen-friend Tim in Canada and tell him something about your spoken English lessons. Write at least 150 words. In the form of a formal letter.
Key words:         practice, improve, learn from each other
express myself, take an active part in…

Class 8B
                                                                                                                        Rose School
                                                                                                                        Garden City
                                                                                                                        China
                                                                                                                        17th, Dec 2005

Dear Tim,

Thank you for your letter. I am glad to know that everything is getting on well with you.

Time travels so quickly that we have not seen each other for a long time. I am experiencing new things all the time.

I have oral English lessons this semester. The teacher is Mr. Patrick from Chicago. His family name is Wang but he prefers to be called Patrick. He looks like a Chinese, but is an American actually and his lessons are both very useful and interesting.

Because he can’t understand any Chinese, speaking English is the only way to make him understand us. At first, it is very hard to everyone, but later we can express us freely and fluently. Patrick tells us a lot of things about western countries, so we learn not only language but also cultures and traditions.

His lessons are also useful because we can take part in many kinds of games and activities and the winners can get some sweets and nice pictures.

How are you getting on in your new school? Christmas is on the way. Wish you merry Christmas and happy New Year.

Yours
Lucy

Useful Expressions:
thank sb for sth                                                                                 因为某事而感谢某人
get on well with…                                                                          …进展很好,与…相处好
all the time                                                                                          一直
oral English lessons                                                                         英语口语课程
this semester                                                                                         这个学期
actually                                                                                                 实际上
make him understand us                                                                 使他能理解我们
express us freely                                                                                 自由地表达我们自己
western countries                                                                                 西方国家
cultures and traditions                                                                         文化和传统

参考译文: (the body of the letter)

亲爱的Tim,

感谢你的来信。我真高兴你那里一切都好。

时间过得这么快,我们有很长时间没有见面了。我一直都在体验新的东西。

这个学期,我们有英语口语课。口语课的老师是来自芝加哥的Patrick 先生。他姓王,但是他更喜欢被叫做Patrick。他看起来像一个中国人,但是实际上是美国人,而且他的课程不但实用,而且有趣。

因为他一点都不懂中文,说英语是唯一能让他明白我们的方式。一开始,对每个人都很难,但是后来我们可以自由而流利地表达我们自己了。Patrick告诉了我们很多有关西方国家的事情,所以我们不但学习到了语言,而且学习到了文化和传统。

他的课程也是很有用的,因为我们可以参加很多种比赛和活动,获胜者可以得到一些糖果和漂亮的图片。

你在新的学校近况如何?圣诞节就要到来了。祝你圣诞快乐,新年快乐。

Article 37
Write at least 150 words on the topic “My Favorite Teacher”
Suggested points: 1. What does your teacher look like?
2. Why is the teacher attractive to you?
                              3. How did he or she help you?

My Favorite Teacher

Of all the teachers I know, perhaps no one deserves more respect than Miss Wang does. She is a good English teacher. She is about thirty years old. She is of average height but a little fat. She is a lady with a good sense of humor and is always friendly to us.

She always makes her English lessons interesting. I follow her to listen, to read, to say and write and never feel dull. She teaches us huge amount of English knowledge in class and teaches us how to learn English well. If I meet some problems in English study, I always go to ask her after class, and she is ready to help me. With her help, I became interested in English and my English is becoming better and better.

She gives me love and care rather than knowledge that she gives us. One winter morning, I caught a bad cold, and she took me to the clinic at once, got some medicine for me and helped me catch up with other students in the next few days.

Miss Wang is like a lightening candle, burning herself and giving us light and heat. I am thankful to her for all her help and care.

Useful Expressions:

of all the teachers I know                                                                 在我所认识的所有老师中
deserve                                                                                                 值得
respect                                                                                                 尊重
be of average height                                                                         中等身材
a sense of humor                                                                                 一种幽默感
huge amount of knowledge                                                                 大量的知识
rather than                                                                                         胜于
in the next few days                                                                         在接下来的几天里
a lightening candle                                                                         一根燃烧的蜡烛
burn herself                                                                                         燃烧她自己

参考译文:

我最喜欢的老师

在我所认识的所有老师中,也许没有人能够值得比王老师更多的尊重了。她是一位很好的英语老师。她大概三十岁了。中等身材,但是有一点胖。她是一位有幽默感的女士,而且总是对我们很友好。

她总能使得她的英语课很有趣。我跟着她去听、去读、去说、去写,而从来不觉的无聊。她在课堂里教会了我们大量的英语知识,并教会我们如何学好英语。如果我在英语学习中遇到一些问题,我总是在课后去问她,而她也乐于帮助我。因为有了她的帮助,我开始对英语感兴趣了,我的英语也变得越来越好。

她给我们的关爱胜于她给我们的知识。在一个冬天的早晨,我患了重感冒,她立刻带我去医务室,给了我一些药,而且在随后的几天帮助我在课程上赶上其他同学。

王老师就好像一根点燃的蜡烛,燃烧她自己给我们带来光和热。我对她的帮助和关心非常感谢。

Article 38
Write at least 150 words on the topic “I Like / Dislike Group Activities in Class”
Suggested points:         1. What kind of group activities do you do in your class?
                                2. What do you think of the activities?
                                3. If you don’t like, what suggestions will you make to improve the activities?

I like group activities

I really like group activities in class. During this period, we can discuss the topic heatedly in class and make some short plays. When the teacher says “Please start” I often feel very happy and turn to my partner. I am not the only one who likes group activities in class. My classmates also enjoy the activities. I think it is because we can relax ourselves by talking with one another.

I am an active and talkative girl, so I am always selected the one who is in charge of the group activities. Personally speaking, group activities are very useful to me. It not only helps me to practice my spoken English but also gives me a chance to learn how to communicate with other students. Sometimes, it is not easy for others to accept my idea, and I must be patient and make myself understood.

Group activities need great skill of cooperation and I enjoy the heated discussion as well as the spark of thought from it.

Useful Expressions:

group activity                                                                                 团体活动
period                                                                                                 期间
heatedly                                                                                                 热烈地
talkative                                                                                                 健谈的
select                                                                                                 选择
be in charge of…                                                                                 负责…
personally speaking                                                                         就个人而言
communicate with sb                                                                         与某人交流
accept                                                                                                  接受
make myself understood                                                                 使我自己被人理解
cooperation                                                                                         合作
spark of thought                                                                                 思想的火花

参考译文:

我喜欢团体活动

我真喜欢班级里的团体活动。在这个期间,我们可以在班级中热烈地讨论话题,还可以排一些短剧。当老师说“请开始!”我总感到非常高兴,转向我的搭档。我不是班级里唯一的一个喜欢团体活动的人。我的同学也喜欢。我想这是因为我们可以通过互相交谈来放松自己。

我是一个积极而健谈的女孩,所以我总是被选为那个负责团队活动的人。就我个人而言,团队活动对我非常有用。它不但帮助我练习了我的英语口语,而且给了我一个机会来学习如何和其他学生交流。有的时候,要让别人接受我的想法可不容易,我必须耐心让自己被别人理解。

团体活动需要很大的合作技巧,我不但享受这种热火朝天的讨论,也享受来自其中的思想的火花。

Article 39
Write at least 150 words on the topic “What Can I Do for World Expo 2010 Shanghai China?
Suggested points:         1. What do you want to do at that time?
                                        2. What should you do to get ready for it?

What Can I Do for World Expo 2010 Shanghai China?

We are all expecting World Expo 2010 Shanghai China. It is the honor to Shanghai, as well as the honor to China. It will show the world how powerful China is and let the people from other countries understand China is a beautiful country. I always wonder what on earth I can do for it.

In 2010, I will be 20 years old. My ambition is to be one of the volunteers. Now what can I do to make it come true? There will be more foreigners in Shanghai in 2010. So as a volunteer, I must speak English fluently. At present, I am not good at English, and my spoken English is very poor. So from now on, I must study hard and try to speak English with my teachers and classmates. There is enough time for me to learn English well and become qualified at that time.

Additionally, I must know my hometown very well, and then I can show the foreigners around our beautiful city.

I hope I will be able to communicate with foreigners without any difficulty. And then I will become a competent volunteer..

Useful Expressions:

honor                                                                                                 荣誉
powerful                                                                                         强有力的
wonder                                                                                                 想知道
what on earth                                                                                 究竟
ambition                                                                                         愿望
volunteer                                                                                         志愿者
come true                                                                                         实现
at present                                                                                         目前
from now on                                                                                         从现在开始
become qualified                                                                                 变得有资格
additionally                                                                                         除此之外
without any difficulty                                                                         没有任何困难
competent                                                                                         有能力的

参考译文:

我能为2010年上海世博会作些什么?

我们都在期待2010年上海世博会。这是上海的荣誉,也是中国的荣誉。这将向世界展示中国有多强大,也让来自其它国家的人明白中国是一个美丽的国家。我常常想我究竟能为它做什么。

到了2010年,我将会20岁。我的愿望是成为其中的一名志愿者。现在我能做些什么让它成为现实呢?到了2010年会有更多的外国人。所以作为一名志愿者,我必须能流利地说英语。目前,我的英语不好,而且我的英语口语很差。所以从现在开始,我必须努力学习,试着和我的老师,同学们说英语。我还有足够的时间来学好英语,到了那个时候就能胜任了。

除此以外,我必须对我的家乡非常了解,然后我就能够带领外国人参观我们美丽的城市。

我希望我可以毫无困难地和外国人交流。然后我就可以成为一名有能力的志愿者了。

Article 40
Write at least 100 words on the topic “The Subject I Like Best”
Suggested points:         1. What is the subject you like best?
2. What can you learn from it?
                                           2. How to learn it well?

The Subject I Like Best

The subject I like best is English because I am quite interested in it and it is a useful subject.

English is so widely used nowadays that a person without knowing any English finds himself hard to survive. People speak English at important meetings, taking interview in English and watch advertisement in English. If I want to make more people understand me, I must learn English well.

Luckily, I am good at English. I learn English well and I like it all the time, because my teacher gave me the following suggestions and I always follow them. First I practice English again and again. I do all the oral homework carefully and do some revision from time to time. Secondly, I am not afraid to express myself in class. Though I often make some silly mistakes in class, my English ability is being improved by speaking more. Thirdly, write an English diary every day. I like this way of study best, because my mother can never understand what I write.

I think everyone has his own way of learning English. Hopefully, you can learn English as happily as I. It is not the subject which needs much talent. If you study hard, you will surely make some progress.

Useful Expressions:

the subject I like best                                                                         我最喜欢的学科
be widely used                                                                                 被广泛使用
find himself hard to survive                                                                 发现他自己很难生存
take interview                                                                                 面试
advertisement                                                                                 广告
the following suggestions                                                                 以下的建议
follow them                                                                                         遵守它们
do some revision                                                                                 做一些复习
from time to time                                                                                 时常
make silly mistakes                                                                         犯一些愚蠢的错误
ability                                                                                                 能力
is being improved                                                                                 正在被提高
English diary                                                                                         英语日记
talent                                                                                                 天赋
make some progress                                                                         取得一些进步

参考译文:

我最喜欢的学科

我最喜欢的学科是英语,因为我对它非常感兴趣,而且它是一个有用的学科。

在当今,英语被如此广泛地应用,所以一个对英语一无所知的人会发现他自己很难生存。人们在重要的会议上说英语、用英语面试、看英语的广告。如果我要让更多的人理解我,我必须学好英语。

幸运的是,我擅长英语。我英语学得很好,我一直很喜欢它,因为我的老师给了我以下的建议,而我总是遵守它们。首先,我一遍又一遍练习英语。我认真完成所有的口头作业,常常做一些复习工作。其次,我不害怕在班级里表达我自己。虽然我常在课堂里犯一些愚蠢的错误,但是我的英语能力通过多说一直在提高。再者,每天写一篇英语日记。我最喜欢这种学习方式了,因为我的妈妈从来不明白我写了什么。

我想每个人都有他自己学习英语的方法。希望你可以和我一样愉快地学习英语。这不是一门需要很多天赋的学科。如果你学习努力的话,你就一定可以取得进步。
Article 41
Write at least 120 words about the following musical at the Shanghai Grand Theatre
Suggested points:   1. Must include all necessary information.
                                         2. Think out an attractive title.

Shanghai Grand Theatre
Music
Gats
The most popular musical in the world!
Wonderful & Fantastic

“Cats” Is Coming to Shanghai!

The most popular musical in the world “Cats” will be shown at Shanghai Grand Theatre from June 20th to June 29th. If you are a musical fan, you can’t miss “Cats”.

“Cats” tells a moving story. Grizabella-the glamour cat left other cats when she was young. But when she came back, the other cats didn’t accept her. After she told them her story, the other cats thought she was the only cat who could go to the heaven.

Besides the moving plots, you can also enjoy the fantastic music. One of the greatest musicians, Webber wrote the music for the play and they will be your unforgettable experience.

More than that, the dance of “Cats” is perfect as well. The actors and actresses try their best to show their passion and skill on the stage. They can imitate real cats so vividly that it will certainly surprise you greatly.

Don’t hesitate to call us at 。。。。。。 to book your tickets. You can ask for more information by sending 。。。。。。

Useful Expressions:

musical                                                                                                 音乐剧
at Shanghai Grand Theatre                                                                 在上海大剧院
a moving story                                                                                 一个感人的故事
glamour                                                                                                 魅力
fantastic                                                                                                 奇异的
one of the greatest musicians                                                         最伟大的音乐家之一
passion                                                                                                 激情
on the stage                                                                                         在舞台上
imitate                                                                                                  模仿
vividly                                                                                                 生动地
hesitate                                                                                                犹豫

参考译文:

“猫”就要来到上海了!

世界上最流行的音乐剧“猫”将在六月二十日至六月二十九日期间在上海大剧院演出。如果你是一位音乐剧迷,你一定不可以错过“猫”

“猫”讲述了一个感人的故事。Grizabella——这只魅力之猫,在她很年轻的时候离开了猫儿们。但是当她回来的时候,其它的猫儿都不接受她。在她讲完了她的故事后,其它的猫儿认为她才是唯一可以上天堂的猫。

除了这些感人的情节,你还可以享受到奇异的音乐。最伟大的音乐家之一,Webber为了这个剧本写了音乐,它们都会成为你难以忘却的经历。

而且“猫”里的舞蹈也是很棒的。这些男女演员们在舞台上尽力展示他们的激情和技巧。他们可以如此生动地模仿猫,这绝对会让你大吃一惊的。

不要犹豫,赶快打电话。。。。。来订票吧。你可以通过寄电子邮件给以下邮箱来咨询更多信息。。。。。

Article 42
Write at least 80 words on the topic “A Valuable Present”
Suggested points:  1. What is the present?
                                        2. How did you get it?
3. How do you like it?
                                           4. Why is it valuable?

A Valuable Present

On my 10th birthday, my aunt gave me a beautiful ring as my birthday present. It looks shiny and gorgeous that I fell in love with it at the first glance. My mother thought I was too young to wear such a valuable ring, so she kept it for me.

One day, I took it out without asking my mother and wore it for fun. Unfortunately, when I came back home, I found the ring was on longer on my finger. I looked for it for a long time, but it has never appeared since then.

Because of my carelessness, I lost it forever. Though I have got a lot of presents, this present is the most valuable one in my heart, not because of its value, but because I can’t find it any longer.

Useful Expressions:

on my birthday                                                                                 在我生日那天
as a present                                                                                         作为一个礼物
gorgeous                                                                                         非常美丽的
fall in love with it                                                                                 喜欢上它了
at the first glance                                                                                 第一眼
valuable                                                                                                 有价值的
unfortunately                                                                                         不幸的是
on my finger                                                                                         在我的手指上
carelessness                                                                                         马虎大意.

参考译文:

一份贵重的礼物

在我十岁生日那天,我的阿姨给了我一个漂亮的戒指作为我的生日礼物。它看起来闪闪发亮,非常漂亮,所以我第一眼就喜欢上它了。我的妈妈认为我太年轻了,不能带这么贵重的戒指,所以她就为我保留着。

有一天,我没有问过妈妈就把它拿出来了,还带着玩。不幸的是,当我回到家,我发现这个戒指不在我的手指上了。我找了它很长一段时间,但是自从那时起,它就再也没有出现。

因为我的马虎大意,我永远失去了它。虽然我已经有很多礼物了。但是这份礼物在我的心目里是最宝贵的,不是因为它的价值,而是因为我再也找不到它了。

Article 43
Write at least 150 words on the topic “I Am on Duty Today?

Situation: Wei Wei is on duty toady.
He will tell us about the date, the weather, the attendance
today’s lessons, the hobby groups and activities after school.

I am on duty today

My name is Wei Wei. I am in Class Three, Grade Nine. I am on duty today. I will tell you something important.

First, today is Wednesday, Nov9th, 2005. The weather today is fine. It is sunny in the morning and will be cloudy in the afternoon. Next, here comes a piece of bad news. Zhang Yi caught a bad cold and is absent today. So we decide to visit her after school. Then, I want to say something about our lessons today. We have Chinese, Maths, English, Chemistry and Physics. That means we can only get relaxed at break time.

Don’t be sad. Let me tell you something interesting. We have two hobby groups today. One is the singing group and the other is the aerobics group. Many girls like the aerobics group best, because it can help them stay healthy and slim. After school we can take part in the activities at the English corner. Five students from USA will hold a party there and I hope all the classmates can go there to practice your oral English.

That is all for today’s work. If you have any advice, please let me know. Remember, your suggestions will make some difference.

Useful Expressions:

be on duty                                                                                         值日
a piece of bad news                                                                         一则坏消息
be absent                                                                                          缺席
Chemistry                                                                                         化学
Physics                                                                                                 物理
two hobby groups                                                                                 两个兴趣小组
aerobics group                                                                                 体操队
at the English corner                                                                         在英语角
make some difference                                                                         有些影响

参考译文:

我今天值日

我的名字是魏魏。我在九年级三班。今天我值日。我来告诉你一些重要的东西。

首先,今天是2005年11月9日,星期三。今天天气很好。早上阳光明媚,下午多云。接下来,就是一个坏消息了。张益患了重感冒,今天缺席。所以我们决定放学后去看望她。然后,我想说一些有关我们今天课程的事情。我们要上语文、数学、英语、化学和物理。这就意味着我们只能在课间休息的时候放松一下。

别难过,让我告诉你一些有趣的事情吧。我们今天有两个兴趣小组。一个是歌咏组,另一个是体操组。很多女孩子最喜欢体操组了,因为它可以帮助她们保持健康和苗条。放学之后,我们可以参加英语角的活动。五位来自美国的学生将在那里举办一个聚会,我希望所有的学生都能去练习你们的口语。

这就是今天的工作了。如果你有任何的建议,请告诉我。记住,你的建议将会产生影响的。

Article 44
Write at least 100 words on the topic “The Best Way to Relax”
Suggested points:         1. How do you relax yourself in your spare time?
                                           2. Why it is the best way?

The Best Way to Relax

When I am free, I always listen to the music to relax myself. I think it is the best way because it is comfortable to enjoy the music when I feel tired. In the music, all my worries will be miles away and happiness will come into my heart immediately.

Why I think listening to music is better than any other way of relaxation? First of all, it is very easy. I can listen to the music anytime and anywhere. Second, I needn’t pay too much attention to it. Although sometimes I don’t know the name of a piece of music or what it means, the melody can still make me happy. The last but also the most important is that my parents don’t allow me to read novels or play computer games. So music is the only way that I can relieve my fatigue and stress.

I would like to share the good way of relaxation with all my friends and I believe they will like it too.

Useful Expressions:

be miles away                                                                                 几里之外
immediately                                                                                         立刻
better than any other way                                                                 比其它任何一种方式都好
relaxation                                                                                         放松
anytime                                                                                                 任何时间
anywhere                                                                                         任何地点
pay attention to…                                                                                 注意…
a piece of music                                                                                 一曲音乐
melody                                                                                                 乐曲
read novels                                                                                         读小说
relieve                                                                                                  减轻
fatigue and stress                                                                                 疲劳和压力

参考译文:

最好的放松的方式

当我有时间的时候,我总是听音乐来放松我自己。我认为这是最好的方式,因为当我感到疲劳的时候,听音乐很舒服。在音乐中,我所有的担忧都远去了,快乐立刻来到了我的心中。

我为什么认为听音乐比其它任何的休闲方式都好呢?首先,这很容易。我可以在任何时间和任何地方听音乐。其次,我不必太注意它。虽然有的时候,我不知道这个乐曲的名字,或者它的意思,但是这个曲调还是能让我高兴。最后一个,但是也是最重要的是我的爸爸妈妈不允许我读小说或者玩电脑游戏。所以音乐是我唯一减轻疲劳和压力的方式。

我想把这种放松的好方式和我所有的朋友分享,我也相信他们也会喜欢它的。

Article 45
Write at least 120 words on the topic “My 14th Birthday”
Suggested points:   1. What date was your 14th birthday?
                                         2. Who celebrate your birthday with you?
                                         3. What did you do on your birthday?

My 14th Birthday

I held my 14th birthday party on April 25th at home. On that pleasant day, all my dear friends and relatives came to the party. First, they sang “Happy Birthday to You” for me. And then I made a wish before I blew out the lightening candles.

Of course, they gave me a lot of presents. Among all the presents, I like my father’s best. It was a watch with a white round face and black watchband. Father hoped that I would cherish time and finish my homework on time. I promised I could and wore it on my wrist immediately. And what made me excited is a game. Everyone wrote a good point of me. I was extremely excited to see so many good points of myself.

Since the birthday, I have known that I am a man now and I must be responsible for myself. I will always make my parents proud of me..

绝对有实力的老师。.

Useful Expressions:

hold a birthday party                                                                举行一个生日会
pleasant day                                                                                 让人愉快的一天
friends and relatives                                                                亲朋好友
make a wish                                                                                许下一个愿望
blow out                                                                                        吹灭
lightening candles                                                                         点燃的蜡烛
among…                                                                                 在…之间
a white round face                                                                        一个白色的圆形表面
watchband                                                                                表带
cherish                                                                                        珍惜
promise                                                                                         许诺
wrist                                                                                        手腕
a good point                                                                                一个优点
extremely                                                                                非常地
be responsible for…                                                                对…负责任
make sb proud of me                                                                让某人因我而骄傲               

参考译文:

我的十四岁生日

四月二十五日,我在家里举办了十四岁的生日会。在那个让人愉快的日子里,我所有的亲朋好友都参加了这个派对。首先,他们为我唱了“祝你生日快乐”。我在吹灭燃烧的蜡烛之前许下了一个愿望。
        当然,他们还给了我很多的礼物。在所有的礼物中,我最喜欢我爸爸的礼物。这是一个有着白色圆形表面和黑色表带的手表。爸爸希望我能够珍惜时间,准时完成作业。我许诺我会做到,并立刻把它戴在了我的手腕上。让我很激动的是一个游戏。每个人写下了我的一个优点。看到我自己有这么多的优点真让我非常激动。

自从那个生日起,我开始知道我是一个成年人了,而且我必须对自己负责任。我会常常让我的父母亲为了我而骄傲的。

Article 46
Write at least 100 words on the topic “Mobile Phone”
Suggested points:              1. What are the functions of a mobile phone?
                                           2. Why does it attract so many people?

Mobile Phone

Nowadays, mobile phone plays a very important role in our daily life. We use it to make phone calls, exchange short messages, take photos, and even send pictures and music to others. We can also play games on it while we feel bored and have nothing else to do. Some mobile phones are so modern that we can surf on the internet through it.  

With the development of science and technology, mobile phones keep changing all the time. It is becoming more modern and lighter in appearance. At the same time, it consists of more functions. It has the functions of a camera, a record, an alarm clock, and a radio. And it is getting more and more functions. The mobile phone in the future can be used for watching films, reading novels, booking tickets and paying bills. When we are enjoying the convenience of it, it has become an indispensable part of our life.

To some youngsters, mobile phones are more than simple electronic apparatus. The style and brand of a mobile phone stands for the taste of the owner. So they would like to pay more money for the latest fashionable mobile phones.

Useful Expressions:

in our daily life                                                                                在我们的日常生活中
exchange messages                                                                         交换短信
send pictures                                                                                 传送图片
feel bored                                                                                        感到无聊
surf on the internet                                                                         上网冲浪
science and technology                                                                        科技
keep changing                                                                                        不断在改变
in appearance                                                                                         在外观上
at the same time                                                                                        同时
consist of                                                                                                包括
function                                                                                                        功能
an alarm clock                                                                                                一个闹钟
be used for doing sth                                                                                被用于做某事
read novels                                                                                                读小说
book tickets                                                                                                订票
pay bill                                                                                                        付账
convenience                                                                                                便利
indispensable                                                                                         不可避免的
youngster                                                                                                年轻人
simple                                                                                                        简单的
electronic apparatus                                                                                电子设备
style                                                                                                                风格
brand                                                                                                        品牌
stand for                                                                                                        代表
taste of the owner                                                                                        拥有者的品位
the latest                                                                                                        最新的
fashionable                                                                                                 流行的

参考译文:

手机

当前,手机在我们的日常生活中起着很重要的作用。我们用它来打电话、互发短信、拍照片、甚至传递照片和音乐给别人。当我们感到无聊,没事可做的时候,我们也可以在上面玩游戏。有一些手机很时髦,我们可以通过它们上网冲浪。

随着科技的发展,手机一直都在改变。它在外观上正变得更加时髦和轻便。同时,它包括了更多的功能。它有照相机、录音机、闹钟和收音机的功能。而且它正在拥有越来越多的功能。未来的手机可以被用作看电影、读小说、订票和付账。当我们正在享受它的便利的时候,它已经成为了我们生活中不可或缺的部分。

对一些年轻人来说,手机不仅仅是简单的电子设备。一台手机的风格和品牌代表了这个拥有者的品位。所以他们宁可花更多的钱来买最新的时髦手机。

Article 47
Write at least 120 words on the topic “My Favorite Song”
Suggested points:         1. What is the song about?
                                           2. How do you feel when you listen to it?

My Favorite Song

My favorite song is “Have A Nice Day”. It is the song with both moving melody and profound words. When I listen to it, it always makes me excited and brings satisfactory into me heart.

The song tells the sad people that life is colorful and meaningful, so everybody should enjoy the best of his life and has good attitude toward life. In my opinion, I get much courage from the song. It makes me think I am the best and I am full of confidence in myself.

I am fond of the song and would like to share it with you. If you are sad, listen to it with me and have a nice day.

Useful Expressions:

moving melody                                                                                        感人的旋律
profound words                                                                                        深奥的词语
satisfactory                                                                                                满意
meaningful                                                                                                有意义的
in my opinion                                                                                                在我看来
courage                                                                                                        勇气
be full of confidence in myself                                                                对自己充满信心
be fond of …                                                                                                喜欢…
share it with you                                                                                        和你一起分享它

参考译文:

我最喜欢的歌曲

我最喜欢的歌曲是“Have A Nice Day”。这首歌既有感人的旋律,又有深奥的歌词。当我听它的时候,它总能使我激动,让我感到很满意。

这首歌告诉悲伤的人们,生活是多姿多彩而有意义的,所以每个人都应该享受他生命中最好的时光,对生活拥有一个好的态度。在我看来,我从这首歌曲里获得了很多勇气。它使我认为我是最棒的,我对自己充满了自信。
        我喜欢这首歌,希望可以和你一起分享它。如果你悲伤的话,和我一起听这首歌吧,一起渡过一个愉快的一天。

Article 48
Write at least 150 words on the topic “The Changes Taken Place in Shanghai”
Suggested points: 1. What are the differences of Shanghai in the past and nowadays.
                              2. What is Shanghai famous for?

The Changes in Shanghai

Many years ago, Shanghai used to be a small village. Only a few thousand people lived here. Many of them were fishermen and farmers.

Today, Shanghai is an international city. There are many highrises. More than thirteen million people live here. They are from all walks of life. There are office staff, factory workers, builders, doctors and teachers.

Shanghai History Museum tells us the story of the old Shanghai. In the museum, you can see the model of some ancient village houses, fishing boats and some pictures of the past. But when you come out of the museum, you will soon be shocked by the difference between the old Shanghai and the new one. The huge open area of green grass, the new buildings, the crowded streets will all remind you that you are a lucky man because you live in Shanghai today. The city is known as a shopping paradise. It is also famous for its friendly people and safe environment.

Great changes have taken place in Shanghai, and we all work hard to make contributions to the city.

Useful Expressions:

fishermen ad farmers                                                                        渔夫和农民们 
many highrises                                                                                 很多的高楼大厦
walks of life                                                                                         各行各业
office staff                                                                                        办公室职员
fishing boats                                                                                        渔船
be shocked                                                                                        震惊了
remind you                                                                                        提醒你
be known as…                                                                                被认为是…
friendly people                                                                                 友好的人们
great changes                                                                                        巨大的改变
take place                                                                                        发生
make contribution to…                                                                        对…做贡献

参考译文:

上海的变化

很多年前,上海曾经是一个小渔村。只有几千人住在那里。大多数的人是渔民和农夫。

现在,上海是一个国际化大都市。有很多的高楼大厦。一千三百多万人住在这里。他们来自于各行各业。他们有公司职员、工厂工人、建筑工、医生和教师。

上海历史博物馆告诉了我们旧上海的故事。在博物馆里,你可以看到一些古代农村房子、渔船的模型和一些以前的图片。但是当你走出博物馆的时候,你立刻会被旧上海和新上海的不同而震惊。开阔的草坪绿地,新的建筑物,拥挤的街道都会提醒你,你是一个幸运的人,因为你生活在现在的上海。这个城市被认为是一个购物天堂。它也因为有友好的人民和安全的环境而著名。

上海已经发生了巨大的变化,我们都在努力工作为这个城市做贡献。

Article 49
Write at least 150 words on the topic “Living in the Dormitory”
Suggested points:         1. Where is your dormitory?
2. What do you usually do in the dormitory?
                                        3. What are there in your dormitory?
                                        4. What do you think of your dormitory?

Living in the dormitory
There are three tall buildings of dormitories and all lie in the opposite neighborhood of school. My dormitory is on the top of the building and I share it with five other students.
When you come into my room, the first thing you will see is the window right opposite you, with a lovely view of the school. In front of the window there is one table. Because we all study at school, and the dormitory is only for rest and sleeping. On each side of the room, there are three bunk beds covered with white clean sheets. All quilts are neatly folded at the foot of the beds. There is a big wardrobe and a cupboard beside the door. We share the room to store our books and clothes.
Though we don’t spend a lot of time in the dormitory and there is no amusement there, we all like staying there.
Our dormitory is not very big, but it is neat, cosy and comfortable.

Useful Expressions:

buildings of dormitories                                                                        宿舍楼
lie in…                                                                                                位于…
the opposite neighborhood                                                                 对面的社区
right opposite                                                                                        正对面
on each side of…                                                                                在…的每一边
bunk beds                                                                                         双层床
clean sheets                                                                                        干净的床单
quilts                                                                                                被子
neatly folded                                                                                         整齐地叠好
wardrobe                                                                                                衣柜
store our books                                                                                储藏书籍
amusement                                                                                        娱乐
cosy                                                                                                        温馨的

生活在寝室

有三幢宿舍楼位于学校对面的社区里。我的寝室在楼的最顶层,我和5位同学分享它。

当你进入我的寝室,你看到的第一件东西就是正对你的窗子,可以看到学校的漂亮景色。在窗子的前面是一张台子。因为我们都在学校学习,所以寝室只是用来休息和睡觉的。在房间的每一面,有三个双层床,上面都铺着洁白的被单。所有的被子叠得整整齐齐放在床角。在门的边上有一个大的衣橱和一个柜子。我们分享这个空间来放置我们的书本和衣服。

虽然我们在寝室里花的时间不多,而且这里没有娱乐,但是我们都喜欢待在这里。

我们的寝室不大,但是它整齐、温馨又舒适。

Write at least 150 words on the topic “My Classmate”

My Classmate

Sometimes, I feel that life is like running. There is someone running beside me and becomes my goal all the time. My classmate Xiao Ming is the runner beside me and always sets a good example to me.

She looks quiet and sweet, while in classes she is sweet but no longer quiet. She is so smart and knowledgeable, that teachers always ask her the most difficult question.

Excellent as she is, she is never conceited. She is helpful, warm-hearted, understanding, hardworking and never loses her temper. As a straight A student, she is very strict with herself. She always tells me: “A man can never have too much knowledge.”

She is a shining star in class as well as on the playground. Basketball and computer games are her favorites. Spending a lot of time on computer games every weekend, she is still excellent at study, because she can control over herself very well while she is studying. We often play jokes on each other, and her jokes are surely the most interesting and usually make us laugh to tears. Every student enjoys staying with her and listening to her jokes.

What an amazing classmate she is! I am glad to be her good friend.

Useful Expressions:

goal                                                                                                 目标
set a good example to me                                                                为我树立了一个好榜样
look quiet                                                                                         看起来文静
knowledgeable                                                                                 博学的,有知识的
excellent as she is                                                                                 虽然她很优秀
conceited                                                                                         自负的
warm-hearted                                                                                 热心的
understanding                                                                                 善解人意的
a straight A student                                                                 一个全A的学生
control over herself                                                                控制她自己
play jokes on each other                                                        彼此互相开玩笑
laugh to tears                                                                                笑到眼泪出来
amazing                                                                                         让人惊奇的

参考译文:

我的同学

有的时候,我感觉生活就好像一场跑步。总是有某个人跑在我的边上,成为我的目标。我的同学小明就是这样一个跑在我身边的人,总是为我树立了一个好的榜样。

她看上去文静而甜美,然而在课堂上,她甜美依旧可以一点都不再文静。她非常聪明、博学,老师们常常问她最难的题目。

虽然她很优秀,但是她从来都不自负。她乐于助人、热心肠、善解人意、学习努力而且从来不发脾气。作为一个全优的学生,她对自己非常严格。她总是告诉我:“一个人有再多的知识都不为过。”

她是班级中的一颗明星,也是操场上的一颗明星。篮球和电脑游戏是她的最爱。虽然每个周末都花了很多时间在电脑游戏上,但是她依然在学业上非常优秀,因为她在学习的时候,可以很好地控制她自己。我们常常彼此互相开玩笑,而她的玩笑一定是最有趣的,总是让我们笑到眼泪都出来了。每个同学都喜欢和她在一起,听她的笑话。

多么让人惊讶的一个女孩子啊!我真高兴成为她的好朋友。
Article 51
Write at least 120 words on the topic “Wish you come back, Taiwan”
Suggested points:  1. Why is Taiwan so important to us?
                                        2. What is your wish on the issue?

Wish you come back, Taiwan

Taiwan has been a part of China since 1800 years ago. Though it is not under the charge of the Party, it is still one part of China and can never be separated from the mainland.

With the development of the mainland and the return of Hong Kong and Macao, more and more people in Taiwan hope to come back. Nowadays, people in Taiwan can come to the mainland freely. They come here to visit their friends and relatives, and go traveling everywhere. Moreover, a lot of businessmen build factories and organizations here.

In my school, some students are from Taiwan. They make friends and live happily here. We all think they are the same Chinese as us.

Taiwan is forever in the map of China and I wish it will come back to mother land soon.

Useful Expressions:

under the charge of…                                                                        在…的统治之下
be separated from…                                                                         与…分开
the mainland                                                                                 大陆
the return of Hong Kong                                                                        香港的回归
everywhere                                                                                        到处
organization                                                                                        机构

参考译文:

希望你回来,台湾

台湾自从1800年以前就是中国的一部份了。虽然它不在共产党的统治之下,但是它依然是中国的一部份,而且永远不会和大陆分离。

随着大陆的发展和香港、澳门的回归,越来越多的台湾人希望回来。现在,台湾的人可以自由来到大陆。他们来到这里拜访亲朋好友,到处旅行。而且,很多生意人在这里建立工厂和机构。

在我的学校里,一些学生来自台湾。他们在这里交朋友,愉快地生活。我们都认为他们是和我们一样的中国人。

台湾永远都在中国的版图上,我希望它能快点回到祖国母亲的怀抱。

Article 52
Write at least 120 words on the topic “My Favorite Advertisement “
Suggested points:  1. What is your advertisement?
                                    2. What is it about?
                                    3. Why do you like it so much?

My favorite advertisement

I love watching TV. It provides me happiness. Nowadays, many people are tired of the advertisements, but I think some of them are quite interesting and worth appreciating.

I like the advertisement of Adidas better than any one else. The logo of Adidas is a simple tick and it has been so popular that even a little child can recognize it. The slogan is “Impossible Is Nothing. “ It always gives me courage and makes me excited. In addition, the advertisement is full of action. It shows the last 20 seconds of a basketball match. Though there is only a little time, the basketball player didn’t give up. He tried his best, got the ball and won scores one after another. In the end, he helped his team win the match and the slogan “Impossible Is Nothing” appears on the screen.

This advertisement shows us a kind of sportsmanship: If you never give up, you will make everything possible and realize your dream some day.

Useful Expressions:

be tired of…                                                                                        对…感到疲劳
advertisement                                                                                 广告
be worth appreciating                                                                         值得欣赏
any one else                                                                                 其它任何一个
logo                                                                                                        标示
a simple tick                                                                                 一个简洁的勾
recognize                                                                                        认出
slogan                                                                                                口号,标语
full of action                                                                                         充满动感
give up                                                                                                放弃
win scores                                                                                        得分
one after another                                                                                一个又一个
sportsmanship                                                                                运动员精神
realize your dream                                                                                实现你的梦想
some day                                                                                                有朝一日

参考译文:

我最喜欢的广告

我喜欢看电视。它带给了我欢乐。现在,很多人对广告很厌烦,但是我认为有一些广告还是相当有趣的,而且值得欣赏。

比起其它任何的广告,我最喜欢的是Adidas的广告。Adidas的标志是一个简洁的勾,这已经很受人欢迎了,即使是一个小孩也可以认出它来。口号是“没什么不可能的”。它总能给我勇气,使我激动。除此之外,这个广告充满了动感。它展现的是一场篮球比赛的最后20秒钟。虽然只有一点时间了,但是这位篮球运动员还是没有放弃。他竭尽全力,得到了球,然后一个接着一个地得分。最终,他帮助他的队赢得了比赛,然后这句口号“没什么不可能的”出现在屏幕上。

这个广告向我们展现了一种体育精神:如果你从来不放弃,你就可以让事事皆有可能,有朝一日实现你的梦想。

Article 53
Write at least 150 words on the topic “My Neighborhood”

My Neighborhood

I live in a big neighborhood. It is clean and tidy. It is also modern, peaceful and well-organized. There is a media-sized department store, a shopping mall, a garden, a bookstore, a bakery, a tennis court and many high-rises. There are many shops so that it is very convenient for us to buy things. My neighborhood is also famous for its beautiful scenery. Some people come all the way to see the lake, trees and pavilions here.

What I like most is the garden, which is just in front of my flat. I can see a weird rockwork, a fountain and a meadow in it. When I stand in my balcony in the morning, I can see some old people doing exercises, children running and playing, women chatting with each other. At the same time, I can smell the fragrance of the flowers in the garden. What a peaceful scene! On sunny days, I enjoy lying on the meadow and have a sunbath. One day, I fell asleep on the meadow. Then a big dog came and licked my face. I was shocked and then couldn’t help laughing.

The people in my neighborhood are friendly and kind. Most of them are busy and hardworking in working hours. So at weekends I can see more people in the neighborhood. To our great joy, there are many shops and markets nearby, so I never feel bored at weekends. I think our neighborhood is growing steadily and more people and shops will come. I love my neighborhood and hope more interesting people will live here.

Useful Expressions:

clean and tidy                                                                                        干净整洁
peaceful                                                                                                 平静的
well-organized                                                                                 很有系统的
media-sized                                                                                        中等大小的
a shopping mall                                                                                一个购物中心
a tennis court                                                                                 一个网球场
beautiful scenery                                                                                 美丽的景色
come all the way                                                                                 专门赶来
pavilion                                                                                                 亭子
a weird rockwork                                                                                 一个古怪的假山石
a meadow                                                                                         一处草坪
stand in my balcony                                                                         站在我的阳台上
see sb doing sth                                                                                 看见某人正在做某事
chat with each other                                                                         彼此闲谈
the fragrance of the flower                                                                 花的芳香
a scene                                                                                                 一处景色
have a sunbath                                                                                 晒日光浴
fall asleep                                                                                        睡熟了
couldn’t help laughing                                                                         情不自禁大笑
in working hours                                                                                 在工作时间内
grow steadily                                                                                         平稳地成长

参考译文:

我的小区

我住在一个很大的社区。它干净又整洁。它也很现代化,安静而且设施安排很好。那里有一个中等大小的商店、一个购物中心、一个花园、一个书店、一个面包房、一个网球场和很多的高楼。有很多的商店,所以我们购物就很方便了。我的社区也因为它美丽的风景而著称。一些人专门远道而来看这里的湖、树木和亭子。

我最喜欢的就是花园了,正好在我家的前面。我可以看到里面有一个古怪的假山石、一处喷泉和一片草地。当早晨我站在我家的阳台上,我可以看到老人们在锻炼,孩子们奔跑玩耍,妇女们彼此闲谈。同时,我还可以闻到花园里花儿的芳香。多么平静的一个场景啊! 在阳光明媚的日子里,我喜欢躺在草坪上晒日光浴。有一天,我在草坪上睡着了。一只大狗过来舔我的脸。我被吓了一跳,接着忍不住笑了起来。

我们社区的人们友好而善良。他们大都很忙,工作的时候也很勤奋。所以在周末的时候,我可以看到很多人在小区里。让我们高兴的是,周围有很多的商店和市场,所以我在周末的时候从来不觉得无聊。我想我的小区正在稳定地成长,更多的人和商店会来的。我喜欢我的小区,希望更多有趣的人会住过来。.

Article 59
Write at least 100 words on the topic “An Unforgettable School Outing “
Suggested points:         1. When and where did you have the school outing?
                                        2. What special thing happened then?
                                    3. Why it became unforgettable to you?

An unforgettable spring outing

On March 8th, 2004, I had a spring outing to East Lake Park with all my classmates. I can still remember that day clearly, because it was Women’s Day and there were many interesting things happened on that day.

We went to the park early in the morning and had a good time before lunch. But at noon, the warden at the park came up to us and said: “Sorry. Today is Women’s Day and all the women here have a half day off, so most of the facilities will be turned off.” How disappointed we were at the moment!  Then monitor Tony advised us to have a party on the grass.

We sat down in a circle and each group was asked to make a performance. We sang songs, guessed riddles and even danced together. We enjoyed every minute of it and we felt closer to each other. When time was up, we didn’t want to say goodbye to our classmates. And every one hoped one day we could get together and had a party in the sun.

The spring outing is unforgettable, because we not only played happily, but also enjoyed precious friendship.

Useful Expressions:

a spring outing                                                                                 一次春游
Women’s Day                                                                                 妇女节
early in the morning                                                                         一大早
warden                                                                                                 看守人
come up to us                                                                                 向我们走来
have a half day off                                                                                 有半天的休息
facility                                                                                                 设施
disappointed                                                                                         失望的
at the moment                                                                                 在那个时候
advise sb to do sth                                                                         建议某人做某事
in a circle                                                                                         成一个圈子的形状
make a performance                                                                         表演一个节目
riddles                                                                                                 谜语
time is up                                                                                         时间到了
in the sun                                                                                         在太阳光下
precious friendship                                                                                珍贵的友谊

参考译文;

一次让人难忘的春游

在2004年的3月8日,我和我的同学们到东湖公园去春游。我还能清楚地记得那一天,因为那是妇女节,而且那一天里发生了很多有趣的事情。

我们一大早就来到了公园,在午饭之前玩得很高兴。但是,中午的时候,公园的看守向我们走来,说到:“对不起。今天是妇女节,这里所有的妇女都有半天的休假,所以大多数的设施将会被关掉。”那个时候我们是多么地失望啊!接着班长Tony 建议我们在草地上开一个派对。

我们围圈坐下,然后每一个组被要求表演一个节目。我们唱歌、猜谜,甚至一起跳起舞来。我们每一分钟都很高兴,而且感觉彼此非常接近。时间到了,我们都不想和同学们说再见。每一个人都希望有一天我们能够聚在一起,在阳光下开一个派对。

这次春游是让人难忘的,因为我们不仅玩得很开心,而且享受到了珍贵的友谊。

Article 60
Write a letter to your good friend on the situation below.
Write at least 150 words.
Situation: Your friend fell behind in study and he /she felt very sad and even lost interest in life.
How do you help your friend?

Dear Maggie,

I heard from Mary yesterday. She told me that you had failed the English final examination. I am sorry to hear that, because you are one of my best friends and you used to study hard in the primary school.

I made a phone call to you last night, but your parents told me that you were crying all the day. They also told me that you had spent too much time on the internet and done little revision before the examination.

You used to be a very excellent student and set a good example to others. And you did well in English. I can hardly believe you failed the examination at school. But we all know the rule: If you don’t study hard, you will definitely fall behind. And no one can get good mark easily in a good school.

You are a very smart girl. I believe once you study hard and spend more time on study, you will soon catch up with your classmates. Though we are not in the same school now, I can imagine how surprised they will be to see your ability. Don’t cry over spilt milk. Or we will worry about you and crying is useless. Restore yourself to confidence, and you will be excellent again.

I am looking forward to hearing from you and getting good news in your study.

Sincerely yours
                                                                                                                        Stellar
                                                                                                                        March 9, 2006

Useful Expressions:

the English final examination                                                         英语期末考试
be sorry to hear that                                                                         很遗憾听到这些
make a phone call to sb                                                                 给某人打电话
spend time on sth                                                                                 花钱在某事上
do little revision                                                                                 不做复习
do well in…                                                                                         擅长…
definitely                                                                                         一定地,明确地
once                                                                                                 一旦
your ability                                                                                         你的能力
don’t cry over spilt milk                                                                 不要为了溅出的牛奶哭泣
restore yourself to confidence                                                         恢复你的自信
Sincerely yours                                                                                 你忠诚的

参考译文:

亲爱的Maggie,

我昨天收到Mary的来信。她告诉我,你的英语期末考试不及格。听到这个消息很遗憾,因为你是我最好的朋友之一,而且你过去在小学读书很努力的。

我昨天夜里给你打电话了,但是你的爸爸妈妈告诉我,你一整天都在哭泣。他们也告诉了我,你在网上花了太多的时间,考试前也没有做复习工作。

你过去是一个非常优秀的学生,而且为他人树立了一个很好的榜样。而且你擅长英文。我几乎无法相信你在学校考试不及格。但是我们都知道这个规则:如果你不努力学习,你一定会落后的。没有人能够在一个好学校里轻易获得好成绩的。

你是一个非常聪明的女孩子。我相信如果你努力学习,在学业上花更多的时间,你会很快地赶上其他同学的。虽然我们现在不在同一个学校,但是我们可以想象他们看到你的能力会多么惊讶。不要为了溅出的牛奶哭泣。否则我们会为你担心,而且哭泣是没有用的。恢复你的自信,你会再次变得优秀的。

我期待着收到你的来信,也期待你在学业上的好消息。

你忠诚的
                                                                                                                        Stellar
                                                                                                                        2006年3月9日

Article 61
Write at least 150 words on the topic “How to make myself popular at school.

How to make myself popular at school

“How to make myself popular” is really a widely discussed topic. I think everyone wants to make himself popular, including me. When I took it into consideration, I came to realize that to make myself popular needs a great deal of wisdom, ability and good personality. Then which is more important?

First, a popular person is usually a self-confident one. Suppose you are very shy, how can you express yourself freely and attract others? Then, you will lose an opportunity to show yourself to others and other people will lose an opportunity to know you more. When a chance comes to a shy person, he will probably doubt that. “If only I fail? Am I able to do it?” So the only result will be his refusal to the chance. I am afraid it is really foolish behavior. So please remember “Don’t be shy and believe in yourself.”

Besides your personality, as a student at school, if you want to be popular, you must do well in your study. After all, study is the most important thing to students. We all respect and admire these top and talented students and hope to be their friends. If you are good at study and amiable, you must be a shining star at school.

Of course, whether you will be popular or not also depends on how you treat others. When I was a little girl, my grandmother often told me that if you want to be loved by others, you must let them feel that you love them first. It is true. We should be friendly to the people around us and ready to help the people who are in trouble. At the same time, we should always consider the benefit and the feeling of other people. It is impossible for a selfish person to be popular.

No one was born welcome to everyone. So we can learn from these attractive people and try to make ourselves popular. It is easy for students to make friends at school. Why not make some changes if you are not popular enough now?

Useful Expressions:

be widely discussed                                                                         被广泛地讨论
include                                                                                                包括
take it into consideration                                                                将它放入考虑之中
a great deal of…                                                                                大量的…
wisdom                                                                                                 智慧
good personality                                                                                好的性格
self-confident                                                                                        自信的
opportunity                                                                                        机会,机遇
doubt                                                                                                怀疑
if only                                                                                                只要
refusal                                                                                                拒绝
after all                                                                                                毕竟,终究
talented                                                                                                有天赋的
amiable                                                                                                亲切的,和蔼的
depend on…                                                                                         依靠…
treat others                                                                                         对到他人
the people who are in trouble                                                         那些有麻烦的人
benefit                                                                                                 利益,好处
a selfish person                                                                                 一个自私的人

参考译文:

如何让自己在学校受欢迎

“如何让自己受欢迎”是一个被广泛讨论的问题。我想每个人都想自己受欢迎,包括我也是。当我考虑这个问题的时候,我逐渐意识到,要让我自己受欢迎需要许多智慧、能力和好的性格。那么哪一个更加重要呢?

首先,一个受欢迎的人通常是一个自信的人。假设你非常害羞,你怎么能够自由表达你自己,并吸引他人呢?那么,你就会失去一个向别人展示自己的机会,而其他人也就丧失了一个深入了解你的机会。当一个机会降临到一个害羞的人,他很有可能会怀疑,“如果我失败了会怎么样?我有能力做到吗?”所以唯一的结果就是他拒绝了这个机会。我恐怕这真是愚蠢的行为。所以请记住“不要害羞,相信你自己。”

除了你的性格,作为一个在校的学生,如果你想变得受人欢迎,你必须在学业上很好。毕竟,学习对于学生是最重要的。我们都尊重和钦佩那些优秀而且有才能的学生,并希望成为他们的朋友。如果你学习好,并且亲切和蔼,你一定会成为学校的一个明星的。

当然,你是否会受人欢迎也取决于你怎样对待他人。当我还是一个小女孩的时候,我的祖母经常告诉我,如果你想被别人所爱,你必须首先让他们感受到你是爱他们的。确实如此。同时我们应该常常考虑到他人的利益和感受。一个自私自利的人是不可能受人欢迎的。

没有人是天生就受所有人欢迎的。所以我们可以向这些有魅力的人学习,尽力让我们自己受人欢迎。在学校,学生们交朋友是很容易的。如果你现在不够受欢迎,为何不做一些改变呢?

Article 62
Write at least 150 words on the topic “I Am Proud of You, Shenzhou 6 “
Suggested points:  1. What happened to Shenzhou 6?
                                        2. Why are you proud of it?

I am proud of you, Shenzhou 6

At the exciting moment on Oct 12th, 2005, my motherland launched Shenzhou 6 successfully. Although it was the second time for my motherland to launch a rocket with people, every heart of Chinese was beating quickly and proudly on hearing the news.

In the second launch, there were two people in the rocket. One was Fei, Junlong, and the other was Nie, Haisheng. They were chosen from thousands of excellent candidates and it is not easy for either of them. Both of them are over forty and experienced pilots. But before they got on the rocket, they had got training for over five years. On their way to be astronauts, they underwent much harsh experience that common people can’t bear. They worked and studied under great pressure and also got success at last. They are the heroes in our hearts.

Shenzhou 6, the second rocket with people is one of the Shenzhou series. But it is surely a milestone in Chinese history. The launch of Shenzhou 6 is the result of efforts made by generations and the hard work by millions of people. I think the scene of its launch will last forever in my heart. I am proud of you, Shenzhou 6, and I am proud of being a Chinese..

Useful Expressions:

at the exciting moment                                                                 在这个让人激动的时刻
motherland                                                                                 祖国母亲
launch                                                                                         发射
rocket                                                                                         火箭
beat quickly                                                                                 快速跳动
on hearing the news                                                                 一听到这个消息
candidate                                                                                候选人
training                                                                                         培训
undergo                                                                                        遭受
harsh experience                                                                         严酷的经历
common people                                                                        普通人
bear                                                                                                忍受
get success                                                                                 获得成功
series                                                                                        系列
milestone                                                                                 里程碑
effort                                                                                         努力

参考译文:

我为你骄傲,神州六号

在2005年10月12日,这个让人激动的时刻,我的祖国成功发射了神州六号。虽然这是我的祖国第二次发射载人的火箭,我们每个中国人的心在听到这个消息的时候,都骄傲而快速地跳动着。

在这第二次发射中,火箭里有两个人。一位是费俊龙,另外一位是聂海盛。他们都是从成千上万的优秀候选人中挑选出来的,对他们两个人来说都不容易。他俩都超过40岁了,是有经验的飞行员。但是在他们登上火箭之前,他们都接受了超过五年的培训。在他们成为宇航员的道路上,他们遭受了很多常人难以承受的严酷经历。他们在很大的压力之下工作和学习,最终获得了成功。他们是我们心目中的英雄。

神州六号,第二个载人火箭,是神州系列之一。但是,这肯定是中国历史上的一个里程碑。神州六号的发射是几代人的努力和百万人辛勤工作的结果。我想它发射时的场景会永远留在我的心中。我为你骄傲,神州六号,我为是一名中国人而骄傲。

Article 63
Write a piece of news about the sports meeting in your school. Write at least 100 words.
Suggested points:  1. When will you have the meeting?
                                        2. What events are you going to have at the meeting?

News of the Sports Meeting

After two days’ discussion, we have decided to hold a sports meeting in October. The P.E teachers have got preparation for the sports meeting. We are sure that the sports meeting will be very exciting.

Some new and interesting events will be on show at the meeting, such as basketball race. It is very funny and likely to arouse interest. If you want to enter for it, please contact your P.E teacher or your class teacher. Almost everyone is a fan of the fashionable sports NBA, so even if you don’t know how to play, please yell for your favorite team.

It is our first sports meeting since we entered into the school. You may be very much surprised that someone around you may be a sports star on the playground. Trust yourself and be self-confident. You may catch our eye at the sports meeting.

Don’t hesitate to enter for the game, and we are waiting to see you at the sports meeting.

Useful Expressions:

get preparation for…                                                                         准备做…
be on show                                                                                         出现
likely to do sth                                                                                 有可能做…
arouse                                                                                                 引起
enter for…                                                                                         报名参加
almost everyone                                                                                 几乎所有的人
fashionable                                                                                         流行的
yell for sb                                                                                         为某人欢呼
be very much surprised                                                                 非常惊奇
trust yourself                                                                                         相信你自己
catch one’s eye                                                                                 吸引某人的注意

参考译文;

运动会的新闻

在两天的讨论之后,我们已经决定了在十月份举办一次运动会。体育老师们已经为这次运动会做好了准备。我们肯定这次运动会将会非常让人激动的。

一些新颖而有趣的运动项目将会出现在这场运动会上,比如说篮球竞赛。这很有趣,而且很可以引起兴趣。如果你想报名参加,请与你的体育老师或者你的班主任联系。几乎所有的人都是流行运动——篮球的崇拜者,所以即使你不知道如何玩,也请你为你最喜欢的队伍呐喊。

这是我们入校以来第一次运动会。你也许会很惊讶,身边的某一个学生在操场上就成为了一个运动明星。相信你自己,并充满自信。你就可能在运动会上吸引他人。

别犹豫,立刻报名参加这个比赛吧。我们等待在这次运动会上看到你。

Article 64
Write at least 120 words on the topic “Bird Flu in China”
Suggested point:          
                                        1. What is bird flu?
                                        2. What serious damage has it caused?
                                    3. What can we do to protect us from the disease?
                                        4. You may turn to your parents or surf the internet for more
information.

Bird flu in China

Bird flu is a world wide infectious disease. And most of the cases were found in Asia. It is called bird flu, because birds first caught this kind of deadly disease, and then the sick birds infected people.

The first case of bird flu in China was found in Hong Kong in 1997. The patient died and it shocked the world. Now, our government has taken measures to prevent it from spreading. Laws have been made to make sure that all cases can be informed immediately and all patients can be treated properly.

Many of my friends and classmates are so frightened that they stopped eating chickens or eggs. I think they worry too much, because it has been tested that the virus of bird flu will die at the temperature of boiling point. As long as chicken and eggs are cooked for enough time, they will be harmless to us.

It is reported some patients have been cured and recovered. Scientists are working hard to find better way to stop the disease. I hope bird flu will disappear soon and we can have a safe world with various species of birds.

Useful Expressions:

a world wide                                                                                 一个全世界范围的
infectious                                                                                 有传染性的
case                                                                                         病例
deadly disease                                                                         致命的疾病
infect                                                                                         传染
take measure to do sth                                                                 采取措施做某事
prevent it from spreading                                                         阻止它的传播
make laws                                                                                 制订法令
virus                                                                                         病毒
at the temperature of…                                                                 在…的温度下
boiling point                                                                                 沸点
as long as…                                                                                 只要…
harmless                                                                                 有害的
it is reported that…                                                                 据报道…
recover                                                                                        康复
species                                                                                         种类

参考译文:

中国的禽流感

禽流感是一种世界性的传染疾病。而且其中大多数的病例是在亚洲被发现的。它被称为禽流感,因为鸟儿最先患了这种致命的疾病,然后生病的鸟传染给人类。

中国的第一个禽流感病例是1997年在香港被发现的。这位患者去世了,这震惊了世界。现在,我们的政府已经采取措施来阻止它转播,并制订出法令来确保所有的病例都会被立即通告,而且所有的病人都会被适当地治疗。

据报道,一些病人已经病愈并且康复了。科学家们正在努力工作来寻找更好的方法阻止这个疾病。我希望禽流感会很快消失,我们就可以和各种种类的鸟儿一起拥有一个安全的世界。

Article 65

Describe the Great Wall of China using the information below.
Length:                                                          over 6,000 kilometres
Height:                                                                  7.5 meters (25 feet) average
Materials:                                                         earth, brick and stone
Years started:                                                 7th Century BC
Purpose of wall:                                         keep out invaders
More about it:                                                 one of the seven great wonders of the world
                                                                        Visited by people from all over the world

The Great Wall

Hi, ladies and gentlemen! What do you think of the Great Wall in North China? I am sure you will say proudly: “It is so magnificent and great!” Yes, just like what you said, it is the pride of all Chinese people. Let’s talk about it.

The Great Wall was built in Qin Dynasty by the first emperor of China. Countless slaves used clay, brick and huge stones to build it in order to protect China from attacks and keep the invaders and enemies far away. The Great Wall was rebuilt in Ming Dynasty and now it is over 6000 kilometers long and also one of the seven great wonders of the world. People remember it as a relic as well as the only wall which can be seen from space.

As you know, the Great Wall becomes a place of historical interest and is visited by people from all around the world. But the bad behavior of some visitors is upsetting us. Some people carved their names and nonsense on the stones and some children even pees on the ground. When you climb the wall, you can find many careless and thoughtless people throwing cigarette ends everywhere…  Don’t you think all these are awful?

I hope the government can build more toilets along the wall, and every visitor can pay attention to what he does. Let’s protect our Great Wall together!

Useful Expressions:

What do you think of…                                                                 你怎么认为…
magnificent                                                                                 宏伟的
pride                                                                                         骄傲
Qin Dynasty                                                                                 秦朝
emperor                                                                                         皇帝
countless                                                                                 无数的
slave                                                                                         奴隶
clay                                                                                         粘土
brick                                                                                         砖头
in order to                                                                                 为了
attack                                                                                         袭击
invader                                                                                         侵略者
be rebuilt                                                                                 被重建
wonder                                                                                         奇迹
relic                                                                                         遗迹
upset sb                                                                                         使某人不安
carve                                                                                         刻下
nonsense                                                                                 费话
thoughtless                                                                                 大意的
cigarette ends                                                                         烟头
awful                                                                                         可怕的

参考译文:

长城

嗨,女士们,先生们!你怎么看北方的长城呢?我肯定你会很骄傲地说:“它是如此地雄伟壮观!”是的,正如你所说的,它是所有中国人的骄傲。让我们说说关于它的事吧。

长城是由中国的第一位皇帝建造于秦朝的。无数的奴隶用粘土、砖头和巨石来建造它,为的是保护中国免于侵略,同时也避开了入侵者和敌人。长城在明朝被重建,现在它已经超过6000公里长了,而且是世界七大奇迹之一。人们记着它是一处遗迹,同时也是唯一可以从太空上看到的城墙。

你知道的,长城是一处历史名胜,来自世界各地的人来参观它。但是一些游客的不良行为让我们不安。有些人在石头上刻下他们的名字或者一些废话,一些小孩子甚至在地上小便。当你在爬长城的时候,你可以看到很多马虎大意的人将烟头丢的到处都是……你难道不认为这些事情很可怕吗?

我希望政府能够在长城的沿途建造更多的厕所,每一位参观的人要注意他所做的事情。让我们一起来保护我们的长城吧!.

恭喜大家。在前不久的期中考试中,我们获得了90%以上的进步率。上宝,华育,世外,文莱,西南模范,等学校有几十位孩子都考到了英语班级名列前茅的成绩。能够在这样高手如林的环境中获得优异的成绩是大家认真努力的成果。
同时恭喜初三班级的同学们,二模获得了优异的成绩,虽然大家都来自不同的区域与学校,有私立中学,有公立中学。我们大部分同学得到了140以上的高分。很多同学陆续获得了名校自主招生的机会。所有参加了自主招生第一次面试的同学都反映英语简单,阅读的难度和我们上的拓展阅读的层次差不多。实践证明了我们分层阅读的策略是对的。邴老师和你们一起跑好最后一棒,再接再厉,顺利通过自主招生,中考再创佳绩。.

希望更多的人关注宝贝之家。www.shbabyhome.org.cn 有身边的朋友可以提供孤儿寄养或者希望领养孤儿的,请和他们联系。很多时候人们说是志愿者为孩子们做了很多。实际上,孩子们也让我们感受到生命的伟大和生活的美好。

[ 本帖最后由 邴老师初中英语 于 2013-4-28 09:27 编辑 ].

推荐同行们一本好书。  第56号教室的奇迹。     教育对作者来说不仅是事业,是他全部的生命。任何行业有了这样的态度一定会做出成绩来的。.

联系方式

暑假课程提前公布是为了大家能方便提前安排。有家长留言问询。建议可以给我电话15021229032,我也想多多了解一下孩子的情况。谢谢.

暑假课程7月和8月是平行班。现在春季班的同学会延续读下去。所以新参加的同学,请提早与我短信确认。否则名额可能会不够。.

预初班级已经有两位同学报名了。.

新初一,初二,初三有很多春季班的同学会跟着上上来。旺旺上的新生要报名的,请尽快和我联系。.

首字母练习大家做

1.Fish l                  their eggs in different kinds of places. Some have their eggs in mud. O           lay their eggs on stones or underwater roots. Still -others lay their eggs on top of the water.

One fish s           around blowing bubbles. These bubbles stick t                 and make a n           . It floats to the top of the water, l            an umbrella. The nest is s              . Wind and waves can’t
   b                   it. Into this bubble nest, the fish puts the eggs that a m              fish has l              . Then he watches o            the nest. He takes c           of the eggs.

When an egg f            out, he puts it back again..

2. What do people say i   England when they meet? They usually talk a        the weather. They might say,” Lovely weather, isn’t it? ’’ On a                     day they might look up at the sky and say, “ It looks like rain, doesn’t it?’’ or “ Terrible weather!’’ or all kinds of things l         that.
        You may w                  why everybody talks about the weather in England. The r            is very simple: B                    is a very small island country, and in a country like that the weather
c              very often and very quickly.
        The British people are very particular about privacy. There are some questions which you should n          ask an English.Then you should not ask about the a      of a woman. It’s not bad to ask a man his age, t               not very polite. You should never ask a woman her age, which is the great s             . One m        thing about privacy is that one must not look at other’s letter.
S                an English businessman has received a letter. You must be c                     enough not to get close to the letter or look at it..

3.       Mr Smith liked s               very much. He did not get muchp              at hunting wild animals, but he was
q                good at shooting. One of his t                 was
t              his eyes were not very good and he had to wear glasses. When it rained and his glasses g         wet, Mr Smith could not see very well.
        One day he was i                  to go out shooting bears in the mountains. It was r            a rainy day, and by m                     Mr Smith shot at the other h             and hit him in t                  leg. Then he was t                   before a judge and the judge said, “ Why did you  shoot at Mr Johnson?” Mr Smith answered, “ I t                that he was a bear.” “ When did you r                that you were wrong, the ? “ the judge asked.
        “ When the ‘bear’ began to shoot at me.” Mr Smith answered in an u                  voice..

基础首字母,一起练

4. Terry wanted a dog. She knew she would n                     hear the dog bark,
b                    Terry was deaf. By c                     , Terry m         a dog that was deaf,
t                    . She began u           the sign language  w                  which she talks to other d                     people. I       this way, Terry got her new dog to u               her..

6. Can animals b        made to work for people? Some s                     think that one day animals may be t                to do a number of simple
jobs i             of people. They say that at a circus, for example, we m        see elephants, monkeys, dogs and other animals doing q                 skillful things. Perhaps you have seen them on the television or in a film. If you watch c           , you may find that the trainer always g                 the animal some sugar or a piece of fruit as a
r                 .These animals can do jobs very well if they know they will get something back
f              doing that..

7. The Internet is p             a more and more
i                 part in our daily life. On the net, we can learn news both at home and a                       and all kinds of other information a         well. We can also send m                   by E-mail, m       phone calls, go to net school, read v                     kinds of books and learn f                   languages by ourselves. B            , we can enjoy music, watch sports matches and play c          or cards. On the net, we can e                    do shopping, have a
c          with others and make friends with them. In a w           , the Internet has made our life more
c                       ..

8. An old lady went out shopping last Tuesday. She came to a bank and s          a car near the door. A man
g             out of it and went into the bank. She looked
i             the car. The keys were in the l                   . The old lady took the keys and f                       the man into the bank. The man t            a gun out of his pocket and said to the c             , “ Give me all the money!” But the old lady d             not see this. She went to the man, put the keys in his h            and said, “ Young man, you are
s              ! N              leave your keys in your car. Someone’s going to s                    it!” The man looked at the old woman for a few s                    . Then he looked at the clerk and then he took his keys, ran out of the bank, got into his car and d               away quickly, w                   any money..

8. An old lady went out shopping last Tuesday. She came to a bank and s          a car near the door. A man
g             out of it and went into the bank. She looked
i             the car. The keys were in the l                   . The old lady took the keys and f                       the man into the bank. The man t            a gun out of his pocket and said to the c             , “ Give me all the money!” But the old lady d             not see this. She went to the man, put the keys in his h            and said, “ Young man, you are
s              ! N              leave your keys in your car. Someone’s going to s                    it!” The man looked at the old woman for a few s                    . Then he looked at the clerk and then he took his keys, ran out of the bank, got into his car and d               away quickly, w                   any money..

9. Do you wake up feeling t                     ? Do you start the day with a yawn i                   of a smile? Try Wake-Ups, the new, i                 breakfast cereal, the cereal that sports men eat. Listen to what Miki Menton, the famous basketball player, has to s                     about Wake-Ups.
        “ I always s                   my day with Wake-Ups, the cereal made for people l                   me. I have to keep h                    . Wake-Ups can give me the
s                   I need. If you want to b             strong and healthy, e             Wake-Ups every morning.”.

10. Every day some people are killed while they are
c                  the roads. Most of these people are old people and children. Old people are often killed because they can’t see or h               very well. Children are killed because they are not c                    . They f             to look and listen before they cross the roads. A car
can’t    stop q              . If a car is going very fast, it will travel many metres before it s                    . Some people don’t always u                       this. They think a car can stop i              a few metres. It is difficult to know
h           fast a car is moving. The o            way to cross the roads s                 is to be careful and look
b                    ways, right and left. Then if the roads
are e                    , you can cross them..

10. Every day some people are killed while they are
c                  the roads. Most of these people are old people and children. Old people are often killed because they can’t see or h               very well. Children are killed because they are not c                    . They f             to look and listen before they cross the roads. A car
can’t    stop q              . If a car is going very fast, it will travel many metres before it s                    . Some people don’t always u                       this. They think a car can stop i              a few metres. It is difficult to know
h           fast a car is moving. The o            way to cross the roads s                 is to be careful and look
b                    ways, right and left. Then if the roads
are e                    , you can cross them..

11. At fifteen minutes to nine the bell rings thrillingly, frightening us n             to death. At that instant, everything s          to slip out of our minds, but we o    pray, “ May God bless us all !” There is dead silence  
a         the teachers come in. We r             the examination questions from them in terror. Hundreds of round eyes s          at those sheets of questions. As soon as we get the questions and paper, we begin to w            , fearing the answers will flee away. Our minds seem to be confused b       those unfamiliar questions.  At that time there is not  a bit of sound e             the scratching of pens on paper. At last the gentle sound of the bell  b               the long, deathlike silence. At once there are shouts of j        . No matter w           our answers are right or wrong, we just leave everything b            and prepare for the n                   examinations..

12. Most of u       use salt every day. We use it to make our taste b           . We think n             of it and we use it. There was a time, however,        
w           salt was not so c              . In the                     world, salt was luxury and only for the r            . Greek tales tell of people w          did not live near the sea. They used  n            salt in their food. Salt was o         so hard to get that it was used as money. Roman workers were p              all or part of their wages in salt. That is w      we have the e                  “not worth his salt.” The English word “ salary” comes from the Latin word “ salarium,” which  m                   “ salt money. ”.

13. Thanksgiving is o      the fourth Thursday of November. It’s one of the most traditional American  
h                   . In my family, we a                     go to my grandmother’s house on Thanksgiving Day. All my aunts, uncles and cousins come t               . We sometimes invite some friends to  j                   us. Everyone is glad to
m         other people. The women are busy  h                   my grandmother. The men sit down to w          a football game on TV. At about four o’clock we all sit down to
d         . We always have the t                   turkey. After dinner, no one can move and we all sit around and talk or play games u         it is time to go home. It is always difficult to leave b              Thanksgiving Day is one of the few days of the year when the w                    family
get together..

14. Everything speeds up with people’s lives. People often eat fast food         
i                of nice meals cooked by mother in the k                     . They go to shops and there the meal is  a                    cooked. They can take i                     from the shelf when they p                     their dollars and in ten minutes  f                    their dinner. But they don't know that this is not good for their h                     ..

15. Sam had a dog, and i         name was Tod. It was very c            , but it ate too much. So he didn’t like it. He wanted to k                 Tod. He         
t          Tod and put it in a small boat. He r          the boat to the middle of a big river. Just a         he  t                    the poor animal into the river, the boat bagan to go down. B          the man and Tod fell into the river. Tod was a        to swim, but Sam couldn’t. The dog b     the rope and broke it. It tried its b      to swim to save Sam. The man was saved, so he was very t                     to the dog, he didn’t want to kill the dog a        longer. From
t           on, he gave the f             dog as much as it wanted..

16. There are many holidays in a year. A                them, the Chinese New Year is the m                  important to us. It is always  d                  the winter holidays. Sons and daughters all go back home. It’s t         
for familiars to get together. There is a big dinner on New Year’s E                    . Children are e               happy because they can get a lot of  p                    and pocket  money from their parents and
r               ..

18. All around the w             , people drink tea. But tea does not m        the same thing to everyone. In d      countries people have very different ideas about drinking tea. In China people always have tea t             with their friends. They may drink tea at a        time of the day. They only put tea l              in their cups. They p            the tea with nothing e               in it.
        Tea is a         important in Japan. It is very p     there. People drink tea every day. But they have it in a way different f                  that in China. In the USA people drink tea at breakfast or after m             . They usually use tea bags to m         their tea. Making tea with tea bags is faster and e                  than making it with tea leaves in teapots..

19. Peter was going to r           next week.He was t         for his good work all these years and was g                     a small cheque as a present. Peter was pleased, of course, b         he said to his boss, “ I don’t need the money. I’ve always been c            with money and I have saved a lot. Can I have, i               , something to make me r       
the happy days I have spent here in Dover?” His boss was very s                     . “ I can help you .” he said.” Then what can I give you as a  p               , Peter?” “ Well, sir. Could you l       me have an old railway car? It doesn’t
m           how old or broken it is. I can mend it myself
as I have enough t                 . I want to put it in my back g              , and every day I can go and sit in it, and that will make me t              of my happy days here in Dover. ”.

20. The world is not only h                   , it will also be thirsty for water. About 97% of water on the earth is sea water, or s      water. Man can only drink or u         the other 3% of the
f          water which c          from rivers, lakes and u                     . On the other hand, because the n                of people in the world is becoming larger and larger, more and more  water is  n                   . So water s      becomes a big problem . How can we work o     this problem? Scientists have found some ways to  t                   salt water into fresh..

21. We usually use two kinds of money. One kind is money made of paper and the o         kind is money made of metal. But in the past people used many things  i          of money. Some countries used salt,tea or stones. Other countries e      used some animals. Today people in some p                in the world still do not use paper money all the time. On the island of Yap, people use the h         
money in the world-Yap stones. These are round, white stones w           a hole in the middle. The Yap stones do not come from this island. The Yap men have to go to the islands over 600 kilometres away to get t           . Rich people do not c       Yap stones. Servants f          the rich. Each servant carries a stone on a long s          over his shoulder. Today people on the island of Yap use paper money for e              shopping. But for other things they still p                     Yap stones to paper money..

22. Ming has lived a     his life on the wide river in China. His home is a large house-boat with a roof, one of
h            that move up and down. In about six years he has not once been on l         , but he is never l          . He is a strong s              .In f       , he could swim before he could walk. When he wants to play with his friends, he just swims a         to their boats or asks them to visit him. Ming’s father is a fisherman but he n        uses a line or a net. Great black birds c         cormorants do the fishing for him. Rings have been put a             the birds’ necks so that they can’t eat the fish they catch. They have been  
t           to bring the fish to people. And then people
r            them with a fine big fish as soon as their work is  f           .   Ming loves w           the cormorants, but better s            he likes going shopping with his mother..

23. Mrs Bailey and her little daughter, Julie, were
coming back home from shopping when they saw their neighbour, Mrs Perkins s               outside her front door looking very u         . “Hello, what’s the matter ? You do look w             !” said Mrs Bailey. “ I’ve done a s        thing. I’ve locked m          outside,” said Mrs Perkins. “ I don’t know w        to do. I am too fat, and I can’t get in t         the window and open the door from the i          . That small window at the s         of my house is not closed.” Mrs Bailey thought for a m            and then asked Julie to climb through the window. Mrs Perkins wondered if Julie w          be tall enough to unlock the door when she got in. Julie said that she would have a  t                    ..

24. Here’s a p         of an e-mail from Joe giving some
a           to his son in college. “ When I was young, I often met t                     about what to do and what not to do. My grandmother told me not to w         about those things. I only did them once a year or once a l             . I           , I should try to do well those things, and I do them every day. For example, I need to eat every day, so I should learn how to c             . I need to talk to o                 every day, so I should learn how to work with d              people and know how to speak w       . I walk every day, so my  s            should be all right and comfortable. Every night I sleep, so my bed should let me have a good r            .
T              care of the everyday  things means that you do a better job of the once-in-a-lifetime things as w          .”.

请问老师您这暑假开设新二下的课程吗?谢谢.

不好意思,我们没有开设新概念的课程。.

25. Many people were standing together in a street in Guangzhou at a b         hour. In the middle of the c     there was an English lady. She was l               at the ground. A policeman saw the crowd and went into it to see w        was happening. But the people there did not know what she was looking f      . There was not anything on the ground, and there was nothing wrong
w        the lady. “ What can I do for you, Madam?” the policeman asked. “ Please help me to find my glasses. I have l         them,” the woman said.
        The crowd t           to help her, but they didn’t find them. At last the policeman said, “Madam, would you like to open your h              and let me see?” The lady did s           and there  i                    it was the thing she wanted..

26. In the world, soccer o      football is the most  popular sport. This is b              many countries have wonderful teams for the World Cup. The World Cup is h                     every four years. To r            2002 FIFA World Cup, children from d                     countries and more than 60 children from Japanese schools came together and spent three weekends d                a big picture called “ Dream World Cups” in Japan. The children drew animals, flowers and people p            soccer under a blue b           sky. They wished each football team good  
l         by drawing the flags of all the countries t        will take part in the World Cup in Japan and South Korea. The picture was p      up in a park near a playground in Yohohama. Some football teams will have games there.

Are you a football f       ? The World Cup makes more and more people i                           in football.
T               like playing and watching football. Many of them love some football stars so t       they get the pictures of their favourite players on the walls of their rooms. That is the w      to show their love for the World Cup a        children in Japan..

27. Charlie is twenty-three now. He l          a university and f          work in a factory last year. It’s small and there are no m         than fifty workers in it. And o         he studied in a university. So he looks down u       his workmates. He always thinks he’s right and never agrees with  
o            . He likes to say, “ I’ve never made a
m           !” But o        the young man couldn’t  understand a foreign instruction. An old worker
s           it for two days and asked Mr White, the boss of the factory, what it m                . The boss asked Charlie w      . He made a few e             to say for himself                     .
And he didn’t a          with the old man. The boss became angry and asked, “ Is it t          that you’ve never made a mistake?” The young man wouldn’t make Mr White angrier and h        to say, “ No, it isn’t, sir. ” Having h            this, the workers were happy. One of them asked, “ It means that you a         made some mistakes!” Charlie c            his mind at once and said, “ I made only one mistake in my life!” “ When?” the boss asked in s             . “ just now, sir!” answered the young man. “ When Mr White m            me acknowledge I was wrong..

28. Fred, a young man of twenty-five, was an a     worker. He worked in this factory s        he finished middle school six years ago. At first he spent much time in s                       all the machines in his workplace and learned to r           them. His boss Mr Dick liked the clever young man and p          him more than any other worker.
        Four years l           the young man got into the  
h           of drinking and was often drunk. He couldn’t go to work on t            and didn’t work so hard as before. Sometimes he slept when he was on d         . It made Mr Dick a           and told him not to drink, he agreed but
s          forgot it. His friend Henry often helped him and tried to stop him d            , but Henry f                 . And one afternoon something was w          with an expensive machine. The workplace had to stop working.
Fred was found in a bar but he was d        . He broke the machine when r               it. Henry had
t         take him home. The n          morning, as soon as he got up, there telephone rang and Henry said, “ Two pieces of n          for you, Fred. One piece is good and the other is bad.”
        “ Tell me the good o       first, please,” said Fred.
        “ You will be given d          pay next month.”
        “ Oh, wonderful!” call out Fred. “ What is the bad news?”
        “ Mr Dick told me to take your p                    .”.

29. What is the b      way to study? This is a very important question. Some Chinese students often study very hard f                 long hours. This is a good habit, but it is not a b                 way to study. A good student must have enough sleep, enough food and enough r           . Every day you n                  to take a walk or play basketball or ping-pong or sing a song. When you r           to your studies, you will find yourself  s                    than before and you will learn more.
        Perhaps we can  say that learning English is like
t              Chinese medicine. We mean that like Chinese medicine, the e           of your study come slowly but  
s            . Learn every day and effects will come j        like Chinese medicine..

30. Don was t                around the country, and one day he was in a hotel in a small town. Lunch was  s            from twelve thirty to one thirty. Don went out for a walk in the morning but he forgot        to put on his w         . He walked for a long time, and then he saw a young man in the s          , so he said to him, “Excuse me, can you please tell me the time?” The young man looked at his watch and then answered, “It is twelve o’clock.” Don wasn’t happy when he h        this, and said, “ Isn’t it later than that ?” He was  h            , and he wanted his lunch. “ No, “ the young man answered. “ It n      gets later than twelve o’clock in our town. “
        Don was  s                  and said, “That’s interesting. What do you m         ?” “Well, “the young man answered, “ w                it becomes twelve o’clock, we always start from the b         
again -one o’clock, two o’clock.”.

请老师公布一下答案吧,谢谢.

31. The blue whale is the b            animal in the world. Some are 35 meters l         . There has  never been a b            animal on earth. There are many k         of whales. They f        two families. Those in o         family have teeth and they can eat large animals. Those in the other family have  n         teeth and eat plants and small fish like shrimps.
        Whales b             air, like man. But in the water, whales are better than m      . Some whales can stay under water for two hours and others can go d        1,000 meters. They can also go fast. The blue whale, for example, can swim
a           40 kilometers an hour..

32. One day I went to the city of Nanjing with the h       to buy something. The sun was b        and the sky was blue. The flowers came out and the trees t          green. The fresh s          of spring filled the air. I d         felt all was so  bright        . I a           arrived at the Big Bridge which some bikes were passing by when s            a bag fell off a bike to the ground. But the woman who rode her bike didn’t
n           and still rode on. Quickly, a fellow came u     and picked the bag up. He laughed and put the bag i         his own bag. I f        terrible. I really wanted to shout, “ Young man, please give the bag back to that woman, you know, she would be very w        . “ But I couldn’t do so u           I was a strong fellow, too. Just then I saw a policeman
w           towards me. “ Stop the man ! Stop the man! ’’ I shouted. The policeman c             up with the thief and took him to the police station..

发新话题